first post and guidance needed

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

first post and guidance needed

by malishaheen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:59 pm
hi everyone ,, i am new here ,, and my gmat exam is on 4th of febuary ,, i am using princeton review's book and manual ,, and also 10th edition of offical guide,, so tell me ,, am i going on the right track and what strategy should i use ,, or do i have to consider something else ,,

thankyou everyone,,

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:12 pm
Welcome to the forum. A very important aspect of GMAT prep is to know where you are with respect to your target score and how much effort is needed and in what area. I suggest you take a prep tes, preferably GMAT prep and see where you are.

Regarding material, OG is definite must. You could use additional books and also tons of free resources on this forum. :D

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by bates88 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:42 pm
The PR book is awesome. That's what I started with. It will give you a solid foundation. OG 11 would be better than OG 10, but you should be ok if you can't find it.

There are some great threads on this site with study strategies, just explore a bit.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by nislam » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:10 pm
I agree PR is great to begin with. It depends on your target score. Kaplan, PR etc. are designed for the average and that is get you around 600. But I'll be honest it didn't help me. I got the most so far out of MGMAT guides not only in SC but in Quant as well. The break it down allowing you to take topic by topic approach that helps identify your weakness while doing OG 11.