Familiar questions - 760 twice and confused!

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
I gave GMATprep (the new package) twice, and got 760 both the times. The second time I wrote, I felt some of the questions were the same I solved in the BTG forum (or in other materials). I felt this way with the Manhattan Test on which I scored 740.

My question is, should I be too worried that I am already familiar with the questions that come on these mock tests, and whether the scores are indicative of what I might get in the real test?

Does the mock scores (say, in my case), if not exact, show the "true" (or approximate) level of my scoring potential on the real test?

What are your comments? Experts opinion please!
Last edited by thestartupguy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm
You are performing well, don't worry about why. With a couple scores in the 99th percentile you should go take the exam. While this comment may sound like it is flippant, too many people worry about the things they can't control with this exam. You are in good shape.... Go for it!
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Followed by:4 members

by thestartupguy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 pm
Does the GMATprep or Manhattan match to the difficulty to the actual tests? I have heard many say that the mocks are easy as compared with the actual day. Is it true?

Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:750

by sunman » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 am
thestartupguy wrote:I gave GMATprep (the new package) twice, and got 760 both the times. The second time I wrote, I felt some of the questions were the same I solved in the BTG forum (or in other materials). I felt this way with the Manhattan Test on which I scored 740.

My question is, should I be too worried that I am already familiar with the questions that come on these mock tests, and whether the scores are indicative of what I might get in the real test?

Does the mock scores (say, in my case), if not exact, show the "true" (or approximate) level of my scoring potential on the real test?

What are your comments? Experts opinion please!
There's one way to find out. Register for the test and take it.

Decisiveness is a leadership trait.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead