Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Evaluation

by C Okigbo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:02 pm
Hi experts,

Could all the experts out there comment about my chances of admission at the following schools: INSEAD, Kellogg, Fuqua, Tuck, Ross, Yale and Wharton. My background is as set out below.
  • GMAT; 660 (79%), 45Q (57%) 36V(80%)
    Age 34
    Black African male doing M&A tax in one of the big 4 in NYC. I worked in the same company (back in Africa) for 7 years - joined as an associate and was manager by the time of my transfer to NYC.
    Very very strong quantitative experience in my resume.
    Undergrad in Economics from an African college. Obtained second class honors upper division - sorry I don't know the equivalent of this in GPA but in British system, it would be equivalent to 2.1.
    Chairman of a student organization in college
    member of an NGO - raised over $50K (lots of money in Africa) during the period I served in the board.
    Bi-lingual
    Actively involved in community work in NYC
[/list]Do I stand any chance considering the way Africa is underrepresented in major B-Schools around the world?

Thanks in advance
CO

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:40 pm
you only stand a chance IF you apply. There are obviously very interesting aspects about your application, the downsides are your GMAT and age. You can overcome the age issue easily, demonstrating why now is the right time to apply, and having a solid plan / goals going forward that makes sense. Your GMAT quant score is going to be a tougher issue. Assuming retaking the GMAT is not an option giving the timing of Round 2 applications, you might want to enroll in a local class or two to demonstrate you are willing to go the extra mile to demonstrate your quant skills. You might consider LBS also. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by C Okigbo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:14 pm
Many thanks Alex for your response.