Essay #3 for Ross

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Essay #3 for Ross

by [email protected] » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:03 pm
Essay #3 for Ross

If you were not pursuing the career goals you described in Question 1, what profession would you pursue instead? (for example, teacher, musician, athlete, architect, etc.) How will this alternate interest contribute to your effectiveness in solving multi-disciplinary problems?

My response to this i am very good at cooking and would have probably started an restaurant.

The problem i have is the underlined Bold fact sentence.

I am not sure how i can relate alternate career intereest to solving multi-dispclinary problems.

please help

Peer[/u]

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 pm
Dear Peer,

My take on this question is that the admissions committee is looking for you to draw an analogy between business and another profession, like running a restaurant in your case. Basically, can you frame the problems of another profession in business terms? You should describe known problems the restaurant would face and how you would solve them. A restaurant is a good example as it is something everyone is familiar with. You could also narrowly define your role in the restaurant if you think that would be more effective, like sticking to how the chef might manage the kitchen during a busy night.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me