eGMAT for SC course?

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:33 members
GMAT Score:710

by bblast » Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 am
wow, i got more than what I wanted on e-gmat.

will definitely give it a try now along with grockit for quant. Both are pretty cheap and good resources I believe.

my problem in SC is I am now striving for over 90% accuracy. I can usually hit the bull's eye on most random SC questions and score around 12-13(out of 15-16) SC correct in any cat. But I want to shoot it still a little up just to cover up for any mishaps in CR or RC.
Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

My gmat journey :
https://www.beatthegmat.com/710-bblast-s ... 90735.html
My take on the GMAT RC :
https://www.beatthegmat.com/ways-to-bbla ... 90808.html
How to prepare before your MBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upz46D7 ... TWBZF14TKW_

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by nycknicks11 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:34 pm
To each his own. If you like diluted-MGMAT SC concepts regurgitated in a different format than give it a try and report back. I guess you can always fight to get your money back if it sucks but you just wasted a bunch of time.

I stand by what I said. And I want to re-iterate because some people are misinterpreting. I did not say it won't help you. I said it won't help you as much as if you spent that time really reviewing your original source or using a tutor. Even if using a tutor is more expensive, dollar-for-dollar it is better that eGMAT.

Also the concept of accuracy is nebulous. What does that really mean? Accuracy = higher score? Not necessarily on a CAT right? Accuracy on what? On questions you have already done? Their questions? For me, did my knowledge of GMAT grammar improve? Am I quicker at eliminate choices? It's hard to quantify that with accuracy because you get harder questions etc.. Also eGMAT tends to split-hair on unimportant subject. Although they are correct it leads down the wrong path because actual GMAT never cares about that distinction. The point is to improve your score not to improve your accuracy on SC. OK so I can "improve" my SC accuracy by spending more time on it but my score is not improved because I have less time on parts. Looking at just SC accuracy is misleading. I can come up with a program to guarantee you improve your SC accuracy. The program requires you to spend 5 minutes on each question. Guaranteed accuracy improvement. Do you want to do it? That's what splitting hair on unimportant areas will do.

Also I don't trust any small company. This has more to do with counter-party risk. I don't know who they are. Show your face. All the big company have dedicated people and you know who they are. Wasn't it a few years ago that some small test prep company in China or India got busted for using live questions and EVERYONE on the database got blacklisted from MBA programs? Do you want your name in the database of a company associated with cheating? I know I don't.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:227 members

by e-GMAT » Wed May 04, 2011 9:01 pm
Nycknicks11, my name is Rajat Sadana and I am the founder of e-GMAT. I like to keep things simple and precise so that everyone can understand them. I also love to work with data because data does not lie.

You are entitled to your opinion and I can do absolutely nothing about it. However, on the other hand, I have hundreds of satisfied customers who absolutely love our course and vouch for it.

Now regarding your comment on SC accuracy improvement -
As I stated earlier in this thread, accuracy is the correct measure of one's proficiency in sentence correction when tracked along with the verbal score. Everyone understands that sentence correction is only one portion of the verbal score. They need to track their improvement in CR and RC as well.

Lastly, we are a small company based out of Phoenix, Arizona. If you want to see our pictures, check out the "About Us" page on our website. If you want to find out more about us, look at the LLC status in the link below:
https://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.e ... type=L.L.C.

Each and every question in our course is made by us and is based on OG12, GMATPrep, and OG Verbal.

You seem to have something against small companies. There are tons of small companies on this forum - GMATPrepNow, who also created BeatTheGMAT Practice Questions, Gurome, etc. A decade ago, even MGMAT was a small company started by two graduates out of Yale. Taking an example of a small company that committed fraud and making a blanket statement against ALL small companies, in my opinion, is not correct. If I were to follow the same reasoning, one would not trust a large company because ENRON committed fraud.

One more thing before I sign off. Not everyone has the good fortune to be coached by Ron Purewal as you do. I think its excellent that you are in great hands. However, Ron can only tutor a limited number of students. For the remaining, we present a very viable option.

Rajat

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Malik_Jat » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm
Hi friends !!
Well everyone has his/her own views about something and thats fine.
But to me, E-Gmat was THE THING.My accuracy and speed improved a lot.
My friend above used it for 1 day and got some feedback from friends & arrived at this conclusion !!
Doesn't seem fair :(

The material presented is so very relevant to the type of Questions that we encounter in gmat.
The concepts discussed are bang on target.They didn't leave me with a feeling that "there must be something more that i need to learn". I used to feel that way before i encountered e gmat.
My belief( and the way i prepare) is that you have to sit down,think and re think about concepts presented and most importantly ..do the Exercises given.E-gmat's approach helps to develop the synchronization between concepts and their application .e-gmat helped me a lot as far as that is concerned. When you start applying is when you realize how good the material is.. the approach is fabulous to say the least.

Well that was just my experience and people can have theirs' that don't match mine !! the best thing is that there are many free concepts that you can learn.That would help to decide the quality.

Followed by:1 members

by nycknicks11 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:47 pm
1) I don't have issues with small companies. I merely mentioned something people should consider when dealing with small companies because the risk is definitely higher. Why should I take additional risk when I don't have to? Why should I waste my time with the opaque when there's a more transparent alternative. Instead of lashing out at me, take what I wrote as valuable feedback; Revamp your program to absolve your customers' concerns. Why don't you put the info. you linked on your website for example. It's your job to resolve imperfect information and communicate value not mine. It's your job to mitigate switching cost. I went on your site really couldn't find alot of info. about the company. On some of the modules, I can hear weird noise in the background of the recording (traffic noise, telephone ringing etc...) You didn't put a polish product together that's your issue. I interpret how I interpreted it. I don't have the patience to research things and take risk (of my time). Neither do other people. This review is for their edification.

2) I am not particularly fond of people hi-jacking this thread to do editorial advertising. (Another business lesson here, don't do editorial advertising; its insulting to your customer). There's an intellectual dishonesty with that.I responded very specifically to a question. I think other people didn't including people. It is my opinion that what you offer is already found in another source, your material might be more confusing and unnecessarily burdensome for that particular person, and RELATIVE to other offerings I would not recc it for that specific person and his needs. In my opinion the other posts were not done at arms-length and frankly canned-marketing/ verbal-fellatio for eGMAT. Paraphrase here: "eGMAT is so great, it allows you to learn how to walk before you sprint etc.." How is that relevant to a person already scoring 35 and 80% accuracy? How do I not interpret that as editorial marketing. It doesn't help either that the people responding here are all on your "Testimonial" page. I have nothing against eGMAT but I believe in perfect information. There's more spin on this thread than Fox News.

3) I have nothing to do with Ron. He answered 1 of my question on this forum that's it.

4) There are other thread discussing eGMAT, why don't you jump on that to defend the brand. Although any reply would bump the thread up for more views.

e-GMAT wrote:Nycknicks11, my name is Rajat Sadana and I am the founder of e-GMAT. I like to keep things simple and precise so that everyone can understand them. I also love to work with data because data does not lie.

You are entitled to your opinion and I can do absolutely nothing about it. However, on the other hand, I have hundreds of satisfied customers who absolutely love our course and vouch for it.

Now regarding your comment on SC accuracy improvement -
As I stated earlier in this thread, accuracy is the correct measure of one's proficiency in sentence correction when tracked along with the verbal score. Everyone understands that sentence correction is only one portion of the verbal score. They need to track their improvement in CR and RC as well.

Lastly, we are a small company based out of Phoenix, Arizona. If you want to see our pictures, check out the "About Us" page on our website. If you want to find out more about us, look at the LLC status in the link below:
https://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.e ... type=L.L.C.

Each and every question in our course is made by us and is based on OG12, GMATPrep, and OG Verbal.

You seem to have something against small companies. There are tons of small companies on this forum - GMATPrepNow, who also created BeatTheGMAT Practice Questions, Gurome, etc. A decade ago, even MGMAT was a small company started by two graduates out of Yale. Taking an example of a small company that committed fraud and making a blanket statement against ALL small companies, in my opinion, is not correct. If I were to follow the same reasoning, one would not trust a large company because ENRON committed fraud.

One more thing before I sign off. Not everyone has the good fortune to be coached by Ron Purewal as you do. I think its excellent that you are in great hands. However, Ron can only tutor a limited number of students. For the remaining, we present a very viable option.

Rajat

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by AbhiJ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:24 pm
Logic withstanding, Admin should ban nycknicks for the use of unparliamentary language.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:02 am
Manhattan is best to reach a level of 700-800. you have to read twice trice to mesmorise the rules. and then go for practice. i heard very much about e-gmat but unless u remeber the rules as mentioned in manhattan it doesnt work. any way you have the face the level of questions in gmat. i practised thru princeton but what i feel though princeton is very good to undersatnd the basics but they dont help me when i face 700 level questions.

read theory from manhattan and practice sc from all the sources like, og-10/11/12, knewton, btgforums, 1000sc and anyother courses.
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mba_24 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:52 pm
Hi,

How long do we need to complete egmat SC coarse ??I have my exam sheduled on oct 10,2011.I have completed CR but just started with SC ,i would also need nearly 10 days to complete quants.

Please suggest. My current accuracy is very poor in SC
Thanks,
mba_24

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by e-GMAT » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:32 am
Hi mba_24,

Everyone has his/her own pace of learning things. So its difficult to say exactly how long it will take you to complete the e-GMAT SC course. However, as a rule of thumb, if your verbal score is < 30, then it will take ~ 40 hours to complete the course. If you verbal score > 30, then it will take ~ 30 hours to complete the course.

I suggest you send us an email at [email protected] to get more specific guidance.

Good luck.

Regards,

Payal

by AbhiJ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 am
Does e-GMAT provide detailed solutions for all the 450 question. I gave a diagnostic but couldnot find the solutions.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by e-GMAT » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 am
Diagnostic and the Level Qualifying exercises are the only files for which we do not offer detailed solutions. And there is a good reason behind it. These tests are designed to move you to the next next higher level in the course. And so we want you to arrive at the correct answers yourself. But be rest assured that we provide full support for these questions as well through our e-GMAT forums.

Now coming to the remaining 420+ questions - You will find two kinds of solutions - 1 audio - visual as in the application files. And the other text based for the practice quizzes in UGE. You may view a sample of these solutions in the "Preview Application File". For the sample of solutions in UGE, please send me an email at [email protected] and I will email you one.

Hope that addresses your concern.

Regards,

Payal

by AbhiJ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 pm
I was trying to answer the quizzes in UGE. I can see accuracy% and the right answers with explanation. However I couldnot see which question I attempted incorrectly as the solutions didnot display my selected choices. Am I missing something ?

Could you please also mention the approx break-up of questions in quizzes and in the application files.

by him1985 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 pm
After going through all above reviews i could stop myself from reply.
I have gone through MGMAT SC guide 3 times.. It helped me a lot and i gained a good level of accuracy from it, moreover it gave me clarity on most of concepts but still i got mere 29 in verbal on actual GMAT. I analyzed that under time pressure my accuracy gets lower on harder questions.

I heard reviews for e-gmat and taken few free sessions few days back, as i m planning to retake GMAT. I registered on e-gmat website and using its free trial and i am loving it.
Concept files are good and i can go through it as many times i like.
Its approach is good and i learned to analyze hard questions. Even their solution analysis of OG ques is awesome. I also tried grockit practice last time but verbal question level of e-gmat is better than grockit. Now i am thinking to take full course but waiting for some cheap offers :roll: :P
Himanshu Chauhan