does colleges count best score from all gmat attempts?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi everyone,

Background:- I already have a gmat sore of 680 but reappearing again in gmat within 2 weeks.
catch is that I didn't studied at all since last 4 months as I spent all my time in digging colleges and preparing essays.
so, I am out of touch for last 3 months and does not have sufficient time to revise. therefore, I am not expecting even last attempt score, that's 680.

Question:- should i go and try my luck for 700 OR should I give exam a miss, in case it will put an negative mark on my application.
not sure if colleges take the best score of all individual scores or the latest score?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:50 am
Your score report will include all of your GMAT scores from the previous five years. Some schools will take into account all of your scores, while other schools will look only at your highest score. You may want to contact the school you plan to apply to directly to find out how they treat multiple GMAT scores. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by eathen hunt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:41 am
Thanks a lot Rebeca. This will help.
I have one more doubt, I will post it in a separate thread. Hope to see your reply