deleted...

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

deleted...

by cgoyal.gmat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:52 pm
deleted...
Last edited by cgoyal.gmat on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member
Followed by:53 members

by Frankenstein » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 pm
Hi,
Congrats... Good Luck with your apps!
Nice improvement in Verbal score but unfortunately your Quant score dropped.
I believe Kaplan tests work even on Windows 7(Professional and Enterprise) in XP mode but I guess they don't work on Windows7 Home premium(not 100% sure).
Cheers!

Things are not what they appear to be... nor are they otherwise

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sharadharjai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 pm
Nice score mate. Congratulations.
With the experience and profile you have, put your efforts in your application instead of retaking the test. All the best.

I am almost in similar situation as you were. MGMAT and GMAT scores quite fluctuating. Quant max 49 and Verbal max 35. RC and CR major weak areas and actual GMAT next fri :)
Feels like the only scope of improvement is to take more and more tests. Trying hard. Wish me luck :)

by cgoyal.gmat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:07 pm
Do find out which "kind" of questions in CR baffle you - if you are in time crunch, you may skip it.
RC - i think if you are missing "main idea" questions then it's an issue of strategy that you need to work on and can solve it before exam next week.

Good luck :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by gmayreddy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:44 pm
Congratulations! I think that is a pretty good score based on your profile. But I guess quiet disappointing that you missed the mark by 10 points. I have my exam in another 2 weeks. My scores are around 630 due to my verbal scores. I am barely crossing 30, due to SC and CR. I am just working on my verbal at this point. I'd be very happy if I can get your verbal score.
Were the questions similar to GMAT prep questions?

by cgoyal.gmat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Yes, definitely the CR was very close to the GMAT Prep/OG12 (700-800) level questions. SC baffled me as I couldn't classify them into cute little categories as various SC books do! Maybe they were a lot of Idioms...
Practice should tell you which CR questions you are weak at.. also please don't ignore the RC as that is equally important.

by shveta » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm
Good score with a decent profile. I guess you do stand a chance in good schools, however a score of 45+ in quants would have been great.

Also, you mentioned about difficulty level of Qunats in real GMAT - is it more closer to problems in MGMAT?

I have my examin 3 weeks from now and my scored have been in the range 660-690. Cant get more than 49 in Quants so am focusing more on Verbal. Do you have any special pointers - I am decent at RC but somehow always manage to screw up SC.

All the best for your applications.

Cheers,
Shveta

by cgoyal.gmat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:05 pm
Hi! I think if you are doing well in MGMAT quant consistently, I dont think you need to worry. However, if your scores are fluctuating, like mine were then you may need to work more. Any pointers for me to improve the Quant :) ?

Regarding SC, it takes a lot of time and patience. One one of the Thursdays with Ron lecture, Ron mentioned of making sure you study both correct and incorrect answers. So basically stay away from SC resources that do not explain why each option is correct/incorrect. See where your weaknesses are using the OG12 Grid and focus on those first. Later you can mix them up with other SC questions, to see if you can still find the errors.

All the best to you as well.