CR Strategy

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

CR Strategy

by GoMBA » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Hi
I have asked about this specific issue to Stacey on the MGMAT forum but simultaneously wanted to seek this forum's opinion too.

I am facing issues specifically on the CR part of my verbal practice. The results of my practice test reveal a very random result on CR - sometimes getting 70% correct and sometimes only 30% correct. So wanted to know how to improve on CR and get it in the right margin of error.

I have gone through the CR bible once and have liked its approach to various question types but i think so far i find it very tedious and time consuming to apply those techniques while writing a practice test. So in the practice test when i see a CR problem I probably try the bible approach for one or two questions and then just get attracted into simply reading the argument, question stem and jumping into evaluating each and every answer choice soon (unlike CR bible approach of 9 primary objectives and specific attacking steps for each question type).

Do you suggest that i just should practice a lot harder and lot more with the CR bible technique (no short cuts)? Or other thing that i sometimes see on this forum or MGMAT is to use diagramming approach. I haven't studied CR diagramming but intuitively i do it sometimes on my own. I do have the CR and RC preparation guide from Manhattan (which i haven't touched yet), so do you suggest doing it now?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.