Chicago Booth part time mba

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Chicago Booth part time mba

by pink_08 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:00 pm
I am Planning on a career change from Engineering to Sports industry. (Aside from work, I'm very involved into sports from childhood and I;m an athlete ). I have a work experience of 5 years.

My question is more towards the admission comittee -

Would a career swich application stand a good chance for part time MBA in Booth( Chicago ).. Or is it a red flag...Will the ad-com not offer my admission just because of the various resources that part time misses out ( internships etc..)

Though I'm aware full time is the best option for career switchers, due to family circumstances I'm unable to pursue in those fronts. Please let me know your views

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by jkhousto » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm
pink_08 -

Thanks for your question about the Booth part-time MBA program.

As a potential career switcher, you do need to be very sure that a part-time MBA program will allow you the access (to classes, internships, research opportunities, networking opportunities, etc.) that you will need to successfully transition into a new industry. This is particularly true when the new industry is niche, as the sports industry is considered to be.

A career switch can certainly be accomplished, but be very thoughtful about these issues and how you will address them when working on your application. I also think that you should briefly explain why your family situation precludes a full-time option for you.

Hope this helps -
Jennifer
Jennifer Houston, MBA
Consultant
mbaMission

Our Mission is Your Mission

www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (14 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Download the mbaMission Webinar, Demystifying the MBA Admissions Process