Balance Wok vs GMAT Study

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Balance Wok vs GMAT Study

by kkonduri » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 am
I'm finding it a challenge to get to academic attitude while working full time. I have passion to pursue MBA career, and knock off GMAT with High Score. But, whenever I get started on GMAT, journey is filled with lot of breaks. I find time few days, dedicate to GMAT. Due to other priorities will shut it for a while, reboot again. Few times during study i feel much confident on the topics i have learnt, but when i retake sample tests, repeat the same mistake.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sagar@jk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 am
Regularity and practice are the only two steps to GMAT or any competitive examination.

In addition, more than passion, you need an aptitude for management studies and crack exams. This exactly is what these screening tests are for.

You 'have' to manage your time and mental capacity in a way that you are able to handle both work and the test. Management studies are about multi-tasking only. Those who are competent at it, get through.

Therefore, come what may; dedicate at least 2 hours daily to each, Maths and English. Prepare flash cards for quick revision, read a lot. Practice daily, time bound, as much as you can. You have to achieve speed while being accurate.

Finally, take up mock tests with rigid timeline adherence. Seeking some professional help will be great. You can take up some correspondence or weekend coaching classes to get expert guidance on how to go about it.

Good luck!
Sagar
JK Masters & Career
MBA Admission Consulting for International Applicants

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:42 pm
I know it is tough, but it's one of those things you just have to do. Know that it will only last so long, but this will be a super busy time in your life. Also, this is one time when it is ok to be a little selfish and leave work at the office at 5:00 and spend the rest of the time working on the GMAT. There will be no more important test in your life.