Art History Major that needs some advice.

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Art History Major that needs some advice.

by nortic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 pm
Hi,

I applied to LBS, and am curious about applying to any of the following: HBS, Haas, UCLA, SDA Bocconi.

About me:
Male

US and recently became German citizen

Art History undergrad

3.1 GPA from a top UC school, with a 4.0 in the graduate classes I took as an undergrad. Low GPA was due to entering as a molecular Bio major

700 GMAT 47q, 39V 6.0 AMA - probably as good as I can do, but I only took it once.

WE: 2.5 years in strategy for 1B+ internet company ,but unknown to the world. In that time I've had 3 promotions, manage global teams, am responsible for creation of own division which i am directly responsible for 4x y/y growth each of the past two years (15 million this year! with 30million expected next) i have been in the division, but an outside hire was brought in to run it (VP level)who I report directly to. It is only us working in this group.

Goals: Art management with a focus in technology

EC: Board of local magazine, sports teams after college. Language tutoring and school architecture and design collection volunteer which turned into a job in college.

Hobbies: Museums, screenplay writing (9 in various stages), cooking, languages (I speak Italian, Spanish, a bit of Hebrew and i want to learn German next)

Thanks for your advice!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:24 pm
Dear nortic,

I think you have a competitive profile for any of the schools noted in your post. The question is if you feel these programs provide what you need in terms of curricula and resources to achieve your career goals. If you believe they do, then there is no reason not to submit strong application packages to them.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me