Architect doing an MBA

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Architect doing an MBA

by vineet.bhosle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am
Hello Clear admit,

There are very few architects who wish to do an MBA, to explore their Corporate strategy and leadership goals.

I am a registered (in India the USA) architect working in the USA (4-year work experience) but I am originally from India, I have done my masters from ASU, GPA 3.57, Gmat 720. I am looking to apply top 20 business schools. I have two major questions.

A) when I apply to a B school, Am I going to be put in the same bucket as all the Indian engineers ? or will I compete with other architects and nontraditional applicants.

B) is this GMAT enough to get me in ? assuming its the best I can do, what are my chances or should I skip a year and keep studying ?

Appreciate your help greatly ! thanks a lot.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:32 am
being an architect helps differentiate you somewhat, but its best for you to assume you will face a very competitive profile. For the latter part of the top 20 you should be competitive if you apply in the first rounds, and have a very strong story for the essays. Make sure you goals are well developed as well as your fit for each school you apply. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by vineet.bhosle » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 am
Thank you for your time ! Appreciate the feedback.