Applying to Baruch MBA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Applying to Baruch MBA

by nishith77 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:55 pm
Hi all,

I'm a senior at City College of New York majoring in Environmental Engineering. I'll be graduating in May 2014. I want to apply for Full time or Part time MBA or MS program at Baruch College.

My question is, can I get into MBA or MS program at Baruch right after graduation? I have only 4 years work experience at college as Student Assistant. But, I have won a CUNY business competition where I was competing with around 50 teams of undergrads and grad students across CUNY. Would this count as a plus point for me to get in to MBA or MS at Baruch? My GPA is 3.0. In engineering it's considered as a good GPA.

Please let me know if I can get into MBA for Fall 2014 right after my graduation in May 2014 without having any real world experience. And whether my victory at CUNY business competition help me get into MBA program or not? There were few articles published on me after I won CUNY business competition and got allowed to pitch my business idea at the World Bank in spring 2013.
I hope to get around 520-560 in GMAT. I'll also take GRE since Baruch accepts GRE as well. Please help me answer above questions.
Thanks a lot!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 pm
First of all you need to have a higher GMAT score (around 650) to be on the safer side. GPA also needs to be above 3. Try scoring high in GRE also. Next you need to have at least 4-6 yrs of real world experience to get into Baruch. CUNY achievement is really great but it is not going to help you to get admission without work experience. So try uplifting your profile before applying. Try to get a job which focuses on enhancing your leadership ability. Also indulge in extracurricular activities. You have to have a profile impressive enough to make the adcoms think of you as a deserving candidate for the program of your choice.
Good Luck!