An inference question is like a mini reading comp passage

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by manpsingh87 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm
maihuna wrote:Do u want to follow the rigid steps suggested by you? In fact I found them totally useless to consider a change in approach.
David@VeritasPrep wrote:OA is D.

Nice work Manpsingh! That is a very nice use of the three categories to eliminate 4 answers that Could Be False.
hi maihuna, See in a war its always beneficial to have as many weapons as possible in your artillery, it will provide you a leverage in a battle. As we are in a state of war with GMAT since the day we've decided to beat it therefore its always beneficial to learn new methods to get the job done. Coming to your point what if you got stuck up in a tough CR problem, where none of your learned methods are yielding desired result, don't you think its better to learn the method to tackle tough situation than to guess it.??

See my point is its not harmful to learn new things, cause you never know when and where the things you've learned can yield fruitful results for you..!!!
O Excellence... my search for you is on... you can be far.. but not beyond my reach!

by vidhya16 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:04 am
Nice tip David. Can you provide the similar Tips to Assumption question?

Vidhya

Followed by:5 members

by tuanquang269 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:20 am
The tip finding the scope of argument is very precious thing I got today. Thank David. Nice approach.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 pm
Vidya -

I just posted some links to some postings where I discuss how to approach assumption questions. The particular posting that I replied to may not be one that applies to you but the links I supplied might help out.

https://www.beatthegmat.com/assumption-i ... tml#436986
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course