An even 700, Please throw your thoughts.

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

An even 700, Please throw your thoughts.

by gmat620 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am
Hello friends,

I took the GMAT second time and scored 700 (V37, Q49). I am confused now. Its 700 so its difficult to decide. What do you people think ? Should I retake ? I am asking this funny question because I have seen many people in this forum planning to retake at 690.
Also, my low Verbal is due to noisy and disturbing atmosphere in the test center. In the next room, some sort of wielding was going on. Election campaign loud speaker was shouting just in that area. I am going to take the matter to GMAC but I think that wouldn't work because the test center ppl were not cooperating at all.

I know people will say 7 in hundred digit is enough, but please give me your unbiased suggestion. I am looking for some sort of scholarship too. So I don't know whether I should retake. Please throw your thoughts. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by simcard » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:50 pm
Hey mate,

Even I got a 700 and I am not sure whether this score is enough.
A retake would be beneficial only if you are confident enough to score a 740+
A 710 or 720 isn't going to make much difference.
If u have no hurry for ur applications and have some amount of free time then u can think about it, depending on the schools you want to apply.

Simcard

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

by gmat620 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:05 am
Thanks buddy. I still have a year to apply. I am about to begin on essays. What about you ? Are you reappearing for the GMAT ?