Ahead of the Curve: 2 Years @ Harvard Business School

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640
Has anyone read this book? I picked it up last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. What did you think?

It was interesting to hear an insiders POV re: business school in general, but more specifically about HBS. I can discuss my thoughts and fav quotes if anyone else has read it.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:45 pm
What about 'Snapshots from Hell' - did you ever read that one? It's kinda old, but an interesting take on b-school life from the perspective of a "poet."
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Legendary Member

by money9111 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm
No I haven't read Snapshots from Hell yet... I put a cease to all of my fun reading to study for the GMATs, but that book is in my Amazon queue! I'll get around to it in May.

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members

by hk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm
Bryant@VeritasPrep wrote:What about 'Snapshots from Hell' - did you ever read that one? It's kinda old, but an interesting take on b-school life from the perspective of a "poet."
Absolutely enjoyed the book when i read it!
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

MBA Student
Followed by:22 members

by fibbonnaci » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:14 am
money9111 wrote:Has anyone read this book? I picked it up last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. What did you think?

It was interesting to hear an insiders POV re: business school in general, but more specifically about HBS. I can discuss my thoughts and fav quotes if anyone else has read it.
hey i am currently reading this book. Its damn interesting and inspiring. I am an aspirant and find this book insightful into life at HBS.
Let me know ur opinions

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:760

by twoplustwo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 pm
I read the book...its very informative about the school, its culture and so on. It feels like the author was looking for something very specific from this experience and didnt find it at HBS. At times, it felt like he was lacking some direction in terms of his career path and that got in the way of making the most out of his MBA. But he does give a very good job at providing an honest and detailed account of his experience there.

Legendary Member

by money9111 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:51 pm
twoplustwo wrote:At times, it felt like he was lacking some direction in terms of his career path and that got in the way of making the most out of his MBA.
I agree 100%, but it's also nice to hear stories like where people think they have things figured out when they apply to business school...and then get there and the atmosphere throws you for a loop.

I think "Snapshots from Hell" is a Stanford student's account... haven't read it yet though