Advice for MS and then MBA

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Advice for MS and then MBA

by nick2012 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:29 am
Hi Clear Admit,

Greetings!!

I wanted some advise for my decision for doing an MS and then going for an MBA. I am a recent engineering graduate from VIT University,India. I am having option to go for an MS in Computer Science, but at the end of the day I want to do an MBA. As I do not have enough work experience to get into a good B-School , I was thinking of going for a MS and pursue a Career abroad and then after gaining some experience I can go for an MBA.

Is pursuing an MBA after MS and some work experience good enough than working for some years in India and then go for MBA.???

Another issue is that the job I currently have does not have a good compensation. I think instead of doing a job where the pay is low I can rather go for an MS in Germany where my tuition fees is waived off, I would only have to only bear the living expenses. After the completion of MS I will have a good paying job and good International exposure. I can have some work ex. and then go for a MBA.
Can this reason be good enough to pursue an MS and then MBA.??
How do MBA admission panel view an MS degree holder?
Please provide me your expert advice.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 am
Hi Nick2012 and thanks for your post.
There is no one clear answer to your question, since your success in terms of admissions to a B school program would depend on many factors including your academic profile (and GMAT score) work experience and extra-curricular and community involvement. However, I would advise you to mame the best choice for your career. It's fine to have an MS degree when you apply to a B school program, but I'd also want to know more about your work experience both prior and after your MS degree, as well as other aspects of your profile. The compensation is not as important as the skills, leadership, knowledge you gain during your position, and how you will share that with the B school community. Finally, your chances for admissions would also depend on the competitiveness of the program to which you're applying.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for a more detailed assessment of your profile.
Best,
Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit