Admitted to ESADE full time MBA 2012-13

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by AislingNY » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 am
Congrats on getting accepted!! I also applied to Esade and am hoping to attend in the Fall. I would recommend to anyone interested in Esade to try and attend one of their Open Weekends. For me, visiting the campus, meeting the admissions team and students and spending time in Barcelona really set Esade apart and made it my first choice. I also considered IE in Madrid and although IE has higher rankings, I think if I get accepted to both schools I will attend Esade because of its location and collaborative learning environment.

Good luck & hopefully we will meet in the Fall!!!

by fgbg » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 pm
received acceptance later .. but I want to defer enrollment to next year for several reasons... I am ready to reserve the seat with initial deposit but is there a guarantee that defer request will be accepted?? In case there is no guarantee, I may loose all the money since initial deposit is not refundable...any help from anybody??

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by kriti87 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 am
Hi all,

I had applied to the ESADE Full-Time MBA programme and I have received an acceptance for the programme beginning in September this year (2012-2013/2014). I'm now at a junction and I need your advice. I have to take a decision on it by mid-May(the deadline for sending docs is 15th May) and send across all the documents.

I know that ESADE is a highly ranked programme and I think the structure of the curriculum is brilliant. But I'm worried about placements. Coming back to India after an MBA from Spain wouldn't do me much good or would it?

I need your advice at this point. I'm from Mumbai,India and I have 2 years of work experience in IT consulting. I have done my bachelor's in computer science and technology. But now I want to gain experience in strategy, marketing and entrepreneurship. I'm elated to receive an admit but at the same time I'm concerned. It's a golden chance for me and I don't want to lose it.

Please help.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Abhijith_jk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:29 am
First of all many congratulations Kriti...I replied back to your private message!
My e-mail id is [email protected] in case you (& any others) wanna get in touch with me.

Hope to see you in BCN!

Either way all the best!

Cheers!
Abhijith

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by goldenegg » Tue May 01, 2012 1:38 am
Congrats on the acceptance to ESADE for this fall. The students, the faculty, and location all make it a wonderful place to go an study at. I'm sure you'll make good use of the facilities and opportunities there. I know they are big on getting students to have experiences outside the classroom through internships, projects and work experience. They have close links with companies like L'Oreal and Google has recruited 22 ESADE grads over the last three years.

by Abhijith_jk » Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Thanks...can't wait to experience it! :-)..btw are you one of the applicants?

by rahulkewale » Thu May 03, 2012 10:59 am
abhijith_jk, y_roy82 and kriti87, please check your inbox!

I got an admit from ESADE too.

Need to connect with you guys to know more about your plans before joining the school.

by Abhijith_jk » Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 pm
Rahul replied back.. Check your inbox!

All the best,
Cheers,
Abhijith

Followed by:1 members

by vishaljainsxc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm
Hi Abhijit and friends,

I wanted to know how are the placements at ESADE considering the situation in SPAIN, will we get good opportunity in Europe (will we get a work permit in the 1st place), secondly I want you to vet my profile and say whether I should apply to ESADE

I took my 2nd GMAT on 8th Nov, 2012 and scored 660.
My 1st GMAT was in Jan, 2011 (score 620)

My background:-

I am a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), a Chartered Accountant (Indian equivalent of CPA) and a Company Secretary. I have close to 4 years and 6 months of work experience. I have been working with Genpact (a top KPO in India) for the past 2 years, my client is GE, I am advising my clients on Accounting and Financial complexities and also analyzing the valuation of companies where GE made its investments.

Prior to this I was working with HSBC and was involved in preparations of financial statements of Hedge Funds and also involved in analyzing the performance of Hedge funds.

PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
June '12: Qualified Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) under the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (USA)
May '08: Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
June '07: Qualified Company Secretary (CS), Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND

B.Com (Hons.), St. Xaviers' College, Kolkata 70.8%
Class XII- CBSE 85.4%
Class X- CBSE 81.0%

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACHIEVEMENTS
Table Tennis
-1st in intra Genpact table tennis tournament (Singles and doubles) in the year 2011
-2nd in intra HSBC CoE Table Tennis Tournament (Singles) in the year 2008
-Represented the school in inter school sports competition in table tennis in the year 2001
-2nd in Singles and 3rd in doubles in Intra school table tennis tournament (Singles) in the year 2001-2002
Literary Events
-Participated in various intra school debate competitions in Apeejay School during the period '01-'03
-Actively Participated in various intra school quiz competitions
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
-School Representative for Apeejay School in various Inter School Fests and Events for '02 & '03
-Active member of the organizing committee for annual day function of Apeejay School for '02 & '03 and inter- collegiate fest of St. Xaviers' College 'Xavotsav 2004' and Class representative in St Xaviers' college, Kolkata in 04-05

-Hobbies: Numismatics & Philately

In school, I was also associated with the Duke of Edinburgh awards program which is a self development program and went to different places in India for camping and trekking and as a part of the program I also took teaching classes for the underprivileged. I still carry the experience of the program and from time to time I involve myself in some kind of social activity.

I have taken the initiative to organized blood donation camps in my college and my organization where I am working. From time to time I also take initiatives in my organization to help the underprivileged.

I wanted to know which college i stand a good chance to apply.

Regards
Vishal

by tripti_rai2005 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 pm
Abhijith_jk wrote:First of all many congratulations Kriti...I replied back to your private message!
My e-mail id is [email protected] in case you (& any others) wanna get in touch with me.

Hope to see you in BCN!

Either way all the best!

Cheers!
Abhijith
Hi Abhijith,

I am in a very similar dilemma as Kriti . I have 4 years of experience in tech consulting in manufacturign domain and looking forward to get into strategy or supply chain mgmt .

As excited I am about the admit, job scenario is a point of worry for me .Please shed some light on this area.

Tripti