Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

GMATGuruNY wrote:
RBBmba@2014 wrote:Can't the report be from any THIRD PARTY, which ALL major networks decide to air same time as it's on ECONOMY ?
You are suggesting that a third party did all of the following:
conducted research
assembled and edited film footage
added narration

sent to the networks the finished product.
Then each network broadcast the same finished product with no changes, with the result that all of the networks aired the SAME REPORT.
This suggestion defies common sense.
Mitch - I didn't really mean exactly that...!

What I meant is that a CONTROVERSIAL report prepared by any THIRD PARTY, was aired by ALL networks same week..But from your reply, I think, it's very UNLIKELY to see this in reality as NOT ALL NETWORK would air EXACT same report without making any changes (re same finished product with no changes) to it.

This is what you wanted to convey PRECISELY. Right ?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:31 am

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

RBBmba@2014 wrote:
GMATGuruNY wrote:
RBBmba@2014 wrote:Can't the report be from any THIRD PARTY, which ALL major networks decide to air same time as it's on ECONOMY ?
You are suggesting that a third party did all of the following:
conducted research
assembled and edited film footage
added narration

sent to the networks the finished product.
Then each network broadcast the same finished product with no changes, with the result that all of the networks aired the SAME REPORT.
This suggestion defies common sense.
Mitch - I didn't really mean exactly that...!

What I meant is that a CONTROVERSIAL report prepared by any THIRD PARTY, was aired by ALL networks same week..But from your reply, I think, it's very UNLIKELY to see this in reality as NOT ALL NETWORK would air EXACT same report without making any changes (re same finished product with no changes) to it.

This is what you wanted to convey PRECISELY. Right ?
Your understanding seems correct.

It is important to understand what is meant by to air a report.

Last night the XYZ Network aired a controversial report about the economy.
Here, the portion in red conveys that the XYZ Network assembled ITS OWN REPORT and broadcast it.
It does NOT convey that the XYZ Network broadcast a report assembled by a third party.

If the XYZ Network were to discuss a controversial report assembled by a third party, the following wording would convey this meaning:
Last night the XYZ Network aired a story about a controversial new report.

In the CR passage at hand, the airing of a controversial report conveys that the network assembled ITS OWN REPORT and broadcast it.
Thus, it is not possible that other networks broadcast the same report.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3