A glass is shaped like a right circular cylinder...

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:2 members
A glass is shaped like a right circular cylinder with a half sphere at the bottom. The glass is 7 cm deep and has a diameter of 6 cm, measured on the inside. If the glass is filled to the rim with apple cider, how much cider is in the glass? The formula to the volume a sphere is 4/3*Ï€*r^3.

$$A.\ 18\pi$$
$$B.\ 36\pi$$
$$C.\ 54\pi$$
$$D.\ 81\pi$$
$$E.\ 108\pi$$

The OA is C.

I'm confusing about the part "If the glass is filled to the rim with apple cider..." , how do we understand this PS question? I appreciate if any expert explain it for me. Thank you so much.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:21 am
AAPL wrote:A glass is shaped like a right circular cylinder with a half sphere at the bottom. The glass is 7 cm deep and has a diameter of 6 cm, measured on the inside. If the glass is filled to the rim with apple cider, how much cider is in the glass? The formula to the volume a sphere is 4/3*Ï€*r^3.

$$A.\ 18\pi$$
$$B.\ 36\pi$$
$$C.\ 54\pi$$
$$D.\ 81\pi$$
$$E.\ 108\pi$$

The OA is C.

I'm confusing about the part "If the glass is filled to the rim with apple cider..." , how do we understand this PS question? I appreciate if any expert explain it for me. Thank you so much.
Hope this image works for you to understand the problem.

-Jay

Locations: Beijing | Copenhagen | Oslo | Lisbon | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.