760 (Q51/V41) in 3 months (Family, Work, Found Time)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:4 members
Hi everyone - it's been a long time and I had totally forgotten about this post. Amazed to see the views and replies and hope some others have been able to benefit from this.

Life has been pretty crazy after the score result - I ended up getting in my target MBA school and went with the part-time option (still had to pay the bills - it's quite expensive to feed 2 boys!). During my time at school, I received an offer that I couldn't refuse and left the state, but continued to get through my MBA by flying back over the weekends. I ended up graduating in 2019.

I'm currently very happy in an executive Finance role at a F500 company in the Southeast, enjoying the warmer weather and utilizing everything I learned at my MBA to scale up my leadership capabilities. After all, the MBA is not only useful as a piece of paper. If I were to leave this forum with one last bit of advice - letters after your name help you get into the doors of an organization, but if you want to go up the stairs, you better apply what you learned through education and experience to add value.

Cheers!
KWizz

P.S - I don't sleep 4.5 hours/night anymore - I've added a sleep cycle into my sleeping schedule and now I'm up to 6 - although I found that mind-wise I was good either way... I started to work out more and the extra 1.5 hour does help the body heal faster.