760(Q-51,V-41) in 2 months- IMPOSSIBLE means I Am Possible

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by gmat barcelona » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 am
Fantastic achievement unclesam2013!! Thanks for sharing your GMAT experience. It was very inspiring.
Best Wishes!
Alexander Steward
GMAT & GRE Instructor
GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, IELTS & TOEIC Center Barcelona
**Prepara el Gmat en Barcelona con los expertos**
https://www.gmatbarcelona.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by jocuri » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:50 pm
Congrats @Unclesam! Your story appeared as one of the best ones of 2012.. I love to read your words of wisdom.

by vidur31 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 pm
Uncle Sam
Hi am from India as well.
Could you please guide me what schools I should aim , my gmat is on 24 Feb. I graduated from Delhi university last year, but worked in business with my dad. Now planning to study masters in finance in USA. I have been studying gnat for about a month or two.
Please guide .
Thank you so much

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by CarlosP » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:27 am
vidur31 wrote:Uncle Sam
Hi am from India as well.
Could you please guide me what schools I should aim , my gmat is on 24 Feb. I graduated from Delhi university last year, but worked in business with my dad. Now planning to study masters in finance in USA. I have been studying gnat for about a month or two.
Please guide .
Thank you so much
Schools would depend on what kind of schools you think that you can get through, what gmat score you get and how you make your application. Without your profile details, don't think that anyone would be able to suggest you which schools to aim for

by vidur31 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:46 am
Yes I agree with you
But I want to know some pre experience schools.
I will start my application in next week

Followed by:3 members

by gauravdangi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:11 pm
vidur31 wrote:Yes I agree with you
But I want to know some pre experience schools.
I will start my application in next week
There'll be very few top schools that will accept candidates without any experience.
If you are really keen on going without experience, go for MS.

by ashok27 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:50 am
gauravdangi wrote: There'll be very few top schools that will accept candidates without any experience.
If you are really keen on going without experience, go for MS.
Well said. I think without experience, MBA doesn't add much value. An MBA is worth more when you have experience

by sameer.pinto » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:01 am
One question. I have my gmat coming in 1 month. Have been prepping for last 3 months and scored a 680 in a practice CAT yesterday. Any ideas how can i push it to 750?

by ashok27 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:54 am
sameer.pinto wrote:One question. I have my gmat coming in 1 month. Have been prepping for last 3 months and scored a 680 in a practice CAT yesterday. Any ideas how can i push it to 750?
Analysis is the key. The more you analyze and keep in mind that you dont have to fall in the same pits, the better you'll become. Also try to avoid silly mistakes. That's more than enough to improve by 30-40 points

by neha.gar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:21 am
ashok27 wrote: Analysis is the key. The more you analyze and keep in mind that you dont have to fall in the same pits, the better you'll become. Also try to avoid silly mistakes. That's more than enough to improve by 30-40 points
do you suggest attempting AWA during your practice tests?

by sameer.pinto » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:42 am
neha.gar wrote:
ashok27 wrote: Analysis is the key. The more you analyze and keep in mind that you dont have to fall in the same pits, the better you'll become. Also try to avoid silly mistakes. That's more than enough to improve by 30-40 points
I think attempting AWA during practice tests is a waste of time. Only if you want to test your patience and mental stamina, then you should do it, otherwise don't think it'll be of much use.

by harizd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 am
Great score there!
Thanks for sharing your experience with the forum.
"Play the GMAT like you would play chess - sacrifice a few pieces to win" - Unknown

by chevy.ss » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 am
sameer.pinto wrote:
neha.gar wrote:
I think attempting AWA during practice tests is a waste of time. Only if you want to test your patience and mental stamina, then you should do it, otherwise don't think it'll be of much use.
What's your taking on IR? Should we attempt it during practice tests?

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:51 am
chevy.ss wrote:
sameer.pinto wrote:
neha.gar wrote:
What's your taking on IR? Should we attempt it during practice tests?
You should definitely be doing the IR on practice tests. The last thing you want is to endure a 3.5 hour test for the first time on test day. Moreover, it's not entirely clear how schools weigh IR, so, while it isn't as important as Quant/Verbal, there's reason to believe that IR may be considered in a way that the AWA is not.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

by sameer.pinto » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 am
DavidG@VeritasPrep wrote: You should definitely be doing the IR on practice tests. The last thing you want is to endure a 3.5 hour test for the first time on test day. Moreover, it's not entirely clear how schools weigh IR, so, while it isn't as important as Quant/Verbal, there's reason to believe that IR may be considered in a way that the AWA is not.
Totally agree with David. I think IR's importance lies somewhere between Quant+Verbal and AWA to schools. So while it's not as important as Quant and verbal, it's a little more important than AWA. My 2 cents.