760(Q-51,V-41) in 2 months- IMPOSSIBLE means I Am Possible

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by hemant02 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:45 am
Django wrote:varun289
why have you posted a sample AWA essay response on this thread? He just asked for Chineseburned AWA guide.
He has also posted some excel sheet for GMAT scores. God knows why!

Followed by:1 members

by gmaster328 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm
Inspirational! Congrats!

by Srilankanaspirant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 pm
great score...you have got a perfect distribution of scores between quant and verbal..how many questions should i practice from each area-sc ,cr and rc ?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by vivekdhawan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:18 pm
great debrief...:-)

Followed by:5 members

by westcoastgmatter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 am
Srilankanaspirant wrote:great score...you have got a perfect distribution of scores between quant and verbal..how many questions should i practice from each area-sc ,cr and rc ?
i think you should be doing at least 200 questions each from SC, CR and RC. Your goal should be to learn more from few questions than to learn less from more questions.

Followed by:4 members

by FredT » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 am
westcoastgmatter wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:great score...you have got a perfect distribution of scores between quant and verbal..how many questions should i practice from each area-sc ,cr and rc ?
i think you should be doing at least 200 questions each from SC, CR and RC. Your goal should be to learn more from few questions than to learn less from more questions.
very true. It's very important to have a takeaway from each question. otherwise doing the questions is pointless.

by Django » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm
unclesam,

I am also applying to wharton. Can we connect ?

Followed by:2 members

by CarlosP » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:16 am
awesome score..I especially like your quant score..I'm stuck at 47 on Quant and would like to take it to 51 especially because my verbal is weak and i want to max out my Quant score..Any tips ?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by ashok27 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:45 am
Congratulations on the great score. 51 on Quant and 41 on verbal is just perfect. Really learned a couple of things from your debrief.Thanks

by Django » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:09 pm
Congrats man on the great score. You nailed it. I'm facing difficulty in SC. Have been using Kaplan book for SC so far ? Can you let me know should i switch books or practice from Kaplan more ?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by karanvarshney » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 pm
Great Post..I have started preparing for GMAT,just have few questions in My mind:

1.Do i have to stick to only 1 book series like i have purchased Manhattan or should i plan to take others too...i am targeting a score 720+.

2.When we say about error log,is this a log which we creates in notebook or at system.
3.if i am targeting a 3 months study plan,should i go for test every alternate weekend and evaluate.

please guide.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:760

by unclesam2013 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 am
karanvarshney wrote:Great Post..I have started preparing for GMAT,just have few questions in My mind:

1.Do i have to stick to only 1 book series like i have purchased Manhattan or should i plan to take others too...i am targeting a score 720+.

2.When we say about error log,is this a log which we creates in notebook or at system.
3.if i am targeting a 3 months study plan,should i go for test every alternate weekend and evaluate.

please guide.
1. One book series should be enough as such..You can move to another if that doesn't work for you
2. Yes, you can make an error log both ways but i found making an error log in an excel sheet/notepad easier
3. You should be taking tests only once you are strong in all the areas

by Django » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 am
unclesam2013 wrote: 1. One book series should be enough as such..You can move to another if that doesn't work for you
2. Yes, you can make an error log both ways but i found making an error log in an excel sheet/notepad easier
3. You should be taking tests only once you are strong in all the areas
My question is how do I determine whether I have become "strong" enough in all the areas. If I would have become strong enough, I'd be probably scoring a perfect score. Any tips ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:16 pm
Hi Django,

I noticed in one of your prior posts how you were planning to take the GMAT in 2013. Did you end up taking the Test as planned (and if so, then how did you score?)?

As far as scoring a "perfect score" is concerned, that should NOT be your goal. Thankfully, Business Schools don't require THAT level of performance, since most Test Takers will never be able to perform at that level in their lives. Your goal should be a score that will make you a competitive applicant. Unfortunately, there's no way to asses if you're scoring at that level from just doing practice problems. Taking FULL-length practice CATs at regular intervals is the only real way to gauge your progress. When you're stuck on a GMAT practice question, you should post it in the Forums.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by Django » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:44 pm
[email protected] wrote:Hi Django,

I noticed in one of your prior posts how you were planning to take the GMAT in 2013. Did you end up taking the Test as planned (and if so, then how did you score?)?

As far as scoring a "perfect score" is concerned, that should NOT be your goal. Thankfully, Business Schools don't require THAT level of performance, since most Test Takers will never be able to perform at that level in their lives. Your goal should be a score that will make you a competitive applicant. Unfortunately, there's no way to asses if you're scoring at that level from just doing practice problems. Taking FULL-length practice CATs at regular intervals is the only real way to gauge your progress. When you're stuck on a GMAT practice question, you should post it in the Forums.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Thanks Rich..Yeah, I took it but bombed it. Planning to take it again this month..My prep is in better shape this time so keeping my fingers crossed.