720 (96th Percentile) - How I Beat The GMAT!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:480

thanks

by kingluis » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:10 pm
I´m starting to study for the GMAT today. I had your blogged in my favorites about 6 months ago, today I started reading it, thanks for all the information. I´m sure that I will used it a lot.

Thanks for your help,

From Caracas, Venezuela

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by friend_online » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:25 am
I've just found this website recently. It is amazing and really helpful for me! I am studying GMAT on my own. Sometimes, I do not know how to continue. Thank you very much for useful information you provided!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:03 am
friend_online wrote:I've just found this website recently. It is amazing and really helpful for me! I am studying GMAT on my own. Sometimes, I do not know how to continue. Thank you very much for useful information you provided!
Thanks for your kind words. :) All the best to you in your GMAT test prep!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
Yatish Khatri wrote::D Hi Eric ,

Congratulation!! :D
I need to Know that if i go through OG carefully it will be a great helpfull in achieving the good score too .
Please do mail me on my mail id - [email protected] , I am waiting for your reply
Nothing is guaranteed, but OG is certainly a great book to prep with! Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by ajaypatil_am » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:36 pm
Thanks Eric Great post.
Today I read it completely for the 3rd time :D

Just a thought!!

by lovesnows » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:27 pm
Hey Eric... u have done an excellent job...and this isn't the 1st time..i am saying this to u... but on a second thought...i was just thinking...now ETS doesn't handle GMAT exam..so i had a query...is the pattern and the exam same as it use to be under ETS.. i mean..same type of questions..like u said... "on my actual GMAT many of the quant problems were virtual replicas of problems I saw in OG."

It would be great, if u could throw some light on it... thanks...

by michelsmithm » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:55 am
Thanks for such a valuable advice :D

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Hard/Medium Bin

by jplats » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 pm
You mention the "hard/medium" bin of questions in OG 10. I didn't notice anything like this in OG 11 -- is there an equivalent? Or is it safe to assume that the last 100 questions in each section are the most difficult?

thanks eric and advice needed

by Shekar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:35 am
Hi Eric, thanks for the input! Great job done! u r an inspiration for all of us here i guess. u r a real time celebrity in the world of gmat aspirants! way to go!

and i must also thank you for the materials that u have uploaded for free download. really helpful eric! thanks so very much for them!

I am an indian and i am not very good with verbal! should i straight away pick up the manhattan or will og be sufficient enough? please advise if manhattan is good for math as well!

thanks again eric! its a great service u guys are doing! and also the flash cards are very useful! how can i forget to mention abt that! will again blog here when i get my 700+ and you will be getting the credit for it totally and completely! its not only for the materials, but more and most importantly for the morale boost!

Adios,
shekar!

Dear Eric,
Many Thanks to you for blogging! I have been preparing for my GMAT exam but hadn't been able to focus clearly all this while. Today I went over your post again ( I had read some of it earliar, but didn't read it all :( ) I am not only quite impressed, but also feel encouraged & more confident now. I am beginning to get an idea of how to go about it. Uptil now I was kind of running form pillar to post..but now I won't. Hoping to write back again with a commendable score!!
Thanks Again!
A

by rmpaes » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:33 pm
I also learned a lot from Eric's post and adopted a similar study routine. Many thanks for the blog and this great resource.
700+ your target then check out my 800 gmat blog here:
https://800gmatblog.zoxic.com

by diggy64 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:26 pm
All your knowledge and resource suggestions are refreshing. Thank you for spending the time to do it. I wish you the best.

by EricKryk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 pm
Thanks for founding the site. Did you ever imagine how huge it could become??

Preparation!

by valerycr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:29 pm
hi!. I new at this on triying to beating the GMAT so, what advices can you give me about. For instance> How long I have to study every day?, should I start studying the verbal part firts or all sections at once? I now that you have plenty of experience about and I really need all the help that i can get. Thank you.

Preparation!

by valerycr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm
hi!. I new at this on triying to beating the GMAT so, what advices can you give me about. For instance> How long I have to study every day?, should I start studying the verbal part firts or all sections at once? I now that you have plenty of experience about and I really need all the help that i can get. Thank you.