710 Q42 V44 - battle finally ova!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

710 Q42 V44 - battle finally ova!

by cliou21 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:46 pm
I took the GMATs over a week ago (8-23-08) and came out of it completely shocked. In the weeks leading up to the exam, all my CAT (Kaplan, Princetown, GMATPrep) scores ranged from 590 to 680, never above 700. I was fully expecting a score around mid 600.

If this helps anyone else - on the day of the exam I let all my nervousness and anxiety fall to the floor and just focused on answering the questions. Don't think about the outcome during the exam, just focus. I felt this was the one thing that really helped boost my score on exam day. Half the exam is mental.

This forum has provided alot of help and support and I agree with most the strategies posted in the forum so I'll keep this short. My diagostic was 490 and I ended the 5 month journey with 710. Believe and anyone can beat it.

Just one more thing - this site is focused on beating the GMAT, but I can't emphasize enough the importance of a strong and cohesive application. I have a friend who scored a 690 and was rejected from a top 20 school who's average is much lower.

Good luck to all and don't forget about rest of the application after beating the GMAT. Thanks!

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by aj5105 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:39 pm
congratulations !

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Summary of my strategy

by cliou21 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:23 pm
I got around to writing a blog of my study habits and strategies that worked for me. Its a collection of all the strategies I found on this site and also a couple of new pointers. Hope this helps!
Attachments
GMAT blog_082008.doc
(32 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by emrahercan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:32 pm
Congrats! Thats what happens when you nail the verbal!

And thanks for reminding everybody that GMAT is just a premise in our business school argument and the conclusion is whether you get in the program you want.

So Mr. Verbal Monster:

What do you recommend to us to get score close to yours ?

Good luck with your application(s)!
GMAT DELIGHT