700+ score in one month

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

700+ score in one month

by absolut_frui2233 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:06 am
My GMAT exam is in 3-4 weeks' time. I have been studying it consistently, but not intensively, for the past 2 months by mainly reading and doing exercises from the princeton review, the official guide (10th), and the kaplan software.

Since there is only 1 month left, I plan to do a LOT more studying from now on. My aim is to achieve at least 680-690, and if possible >700.

Today was first time trying the Princeton Review CAT online, and I got a score of 600 (Q43, V30). The low verbal score was a big shock/disappointment to me as I normally don't perform hat bad on english tests. I checked the PR score report and it shows that I got >80% hit rates on the Critical reasoning and Sentence correction sections, but merely 50% on the RC.

I'm guessing the poor RC score is the result of:
- lack of concentration (it's really hard to focus on the screen after 2 or so hours of thinking)
- literally all passages were on bio-chem-science related stuff. I found this very hard for me being a business major.

I would love to hear some advice on what strategies I should use to boost my RC score. I've read a few books and never really found one that works for me in terms of RC. If my RC score is as good as CR and SC, is there a chance I might get 700?

Also, I heard some good things about the Kaplan800. Should I give that a try?

Last but not least, any advice on what I should do to improve my score dramatically, given that I have just 1 month and I'm still studying in college full time? I appreciate all comments :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sonibubu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:19 am
Have you taken GMATPrep tests? How did you do on those? I don't trust Princeton, Kaplan, and other CAT tests. The only one you can base your future performances on and against is GMATprep.

I would download it and see what your weaknesses are before continuing your study.