700 Q-51, V-31 - percentile - 90

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:700

700 Q-51, V-31 - percentile - 90

by kitg » Wed May 23, 2012 7:31 am
HI,

my score in GMAT was/is/will be 700 Q-51, V-31 - percentile - 90.

I have around 4yrs of IT experience and i did my engg from NITK Surathkal in Computer Science.

Am planning for 1yr executive MBA and would love to pursue my career in Finance.

Can anyone suggest me how to go forward and in which all universities can i apply?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by Bschool2013 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:36 am
kitg wrote: Am planning for 1yr executive MBA and would love to pursue my career in Finance.
I've heard of 1 year MBA programs, and I've heard of executive MBA programs, but so far, I'm not aware of any 1-year EMBA programs...anyone else?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by kaps786 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am
Hi KITG

Congrats on your score! If you are looking within India then I guess you would already be targeting the IIMs 1 year executive MBA, IIMA and IIMC would naturally be particularly good given your inclination for finance..

Outside of India you can also look at the full time 1 year MBA programs of European schools ..

BTW, since you have a perfect quant score, just wanted to also ask how you prepared for the quant section and any tips you have...?

Thanks
Kaps

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by kitg » Sun May 27, 2012 10:41 pm
HI Kaps,

Thanks for the reply.
Am not that keep of doing MBA from Indian Collges, except ISB. Am not sure how to get scholarships and stuff outside and also have to look into whether i have to give toefl for applying outisde India.

Regarding quant: This was my second gmat attempt. And this time to be frank i was concentrating more on verbal. So i did not do much of quant. Did only few problems on Permutation and Combination and few from Probability. Last time i did a lot of practice from grockit, but their quant hard problems are REALLY hard and are way too much above the standards of gmat.
Other than that i did not follow any book, but yes i solved a lot of problems! around 3k!

Please let me know if you have any info regarding good colleges abroad for Finance and also informations related to SOP, essays and other things whh can boost my profile.

Ankit