680 Q49 V34 (will retake)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

680 Q49 V34 (will retake)

by Jameschan168 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:32 pm
Not sure how I turned the worse on the GMAT today. I did better on the quant section (I average 47 - 48) but did way worse in verbal. I rushed through the last part of quant and the last 10 questions in verbal, so I think that had a lot to do with my low score. Besides time management, I would appreciate any advise. Thanks in advance!

by Jameschan168 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:52 am
Hey guest,

I think I probably spent about 3 months total to prepare for the test, including a 9 week MGMAT course. I think the self-study helped me more in my opinion, but the course did help me pick up a few things. Didn't really do much last week. I just did two practice MGMAT exams (700 and 690 but I score way better in verbal in both exams) and then just stay relaxed. Hope this helps.

Btw, this website has done some wonders to help me boost up my DS and SC accuracy! Thanks guys! The forum is awesome and the 1000 SCs were really helpful!
Anonymous wrote:Can you post your debrief? I'm mostly interested in how much time you have invested and what did you do on the week of your test.. Materials/Strategies will be helpful too. Thanks.

by Jameschan168 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:25 am
Got a 5.5 on the essays. Thanks to the BTG essay samples! I would suggest others to read at least 10 essays from each section to get an idea how to structure each essay.
Jameschan168 wrote:Hey guest,

I think I probably spent about 3 months total to prepare for the test, including a 9 week MGMAT course. I think the self-study helped me more in my opinion, but the course did help me pick up a few things. Didn't really do much last week. I just did two practice MGMAT exams (700 and 690 but I score way better in verbal in both exams) and then just stay relaxed. Hope this helps.

Btw, this website has done some wonders to help me boost up my DS and SC accuracy! Thanks guys! The forum is awesome and the 1000 SCs were really helpful!
Anonymous wrote:Can you post your debrief? I'm mostly interested in how much time you have invested and what did you do on the week of your test.. Materials/Strategies will be helpful too. Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:11 pm
Nice work on the essays--are you still planning to retake? 680 is a great score...
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by Jameschan168 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:21 pm
Hey Eric,

Yeah I'm still thinking about it. I think if I can get myself into the low to mid 700s I will have a better chance getting into the schools I'm applying for. Hope to bring some good news to the BTG forum soon!
beatthegmat wrote:Nice work on the essays--are you still planning to retake? 680 is a great score...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:28 pm
Please let us know how it goes! Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school