680 - no I didn't beat it..

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

680 - no I didn't beat it..

by GmatVerbal » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 pm
OK. Today I GMAT and got 680(Q-49, V-33). In Quant I ran out of time for last question. May be That would have helped for 700. But in general both Quant and Verbal are on par with OG. RC's and SC are as well as similar to OG. If I were you,I would do GMAT prep several times and I would concentrate on those questions. Most of the quant is logical and you could answer with out doing any math. But don't get lost in 1 or 2 tough questions. ( This is what I did).

So finally here are my questions regarding universities.
I am looking for good 1 yr MBA. I have 15 yrs in technology firms and mostly in US - worked for once top companies( MOTOROLA, LUCENT , NOKIA...). Not much extra curricular activities. Under grad from India GPA good.

Any suggestions on schools? appreciate it. If the score is low for good schools and may be I will give one more time. I am not looking for executive MBA mainly because of cost(no my current employer doesn't sponsor).

Thank you.

----------

--
By the way when do I get AWA score. I didn't AWA score on the screen. I am puzzled.

Legendary Member

by outreach » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 pm
Hi GmatVerbal,
AWA Score will come with your actual score. It should take somewhere between 7 - 30 days.

680 is ok score. With your good experience i feel you should give a try to some college before you think of another attempt.

Are you speficic about location to schools?
One more think i can suggest is most of MBA consultants have free sessions. You can utilize it and check your application/profile strength
-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
General blog
https://amarnaik.wordpress.com
MBA blog
https://amarrnaik.blocked/

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by GmatVerbal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm
As such I am pretty open with locations. You do you know of any good consultants?