660 (:

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:660

660 (:

by crazy4gmat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:33 am
Took the GMAT today at Pearsons Bangalore,India.Ended up with a dissappointing 660(Q 48,V 34).

The Mishap happened during the verbal section. I turned up late to the verbal section by a minute or so after the Quant break.It really pissed me off a bit.But tried to maintain my cool and started the verbal.I got a weird RC passage early in the section.This along with the fact that i lost a couple a minutes by turning up late made me loose my mind and i was found lagging behind time in the first 15- 20 minutes.I had to really rush through the rest of the section inorder to make up for my mishap earlier.I could complete only 37-38 questions in the end and had to guess the last 3 or 4 questions :x .This is my third attempt so i am pretty disappointed with what i have achieved as i am targetting the top 30 -50 B-schools in the US.

The Questions i got today were of the same difficulty level as in GMAT Prep.In Quants most of the questions were from inequalities,number properties,sets and word translations.Got 1 question from probability.Got 1 or 2 questions from geometry. Verbal was also of the same level as in GMAT Prep.The third RC i got was very huge .90+ lines i believe.Nothing out of the ordinary in SC or CR.

I would like to thank all the BTG members especially the tutors(Stacey,Ron,Ian Stewart,Stuart Kovinsky),Moderators,Eric and folks like Logitech, Danaj,Cramya etc..This site really rocks and has been very helpful to me in terms of the forum discussions and strategy.

I got one more thing in my mind.I remember that one of the guy here got a 670 with a Q 47,V 34.Howcome i got only 660 with Q 48 ,V 34?? :( . if only i had got 1 point extra in Q and V i would have ended up with a 700 :cry:

hmm

by JeffB » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 am
Sounds like you're really close.

Followed by:1 members

by ogbeni » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:52 pm
Retake. Your math score is good. You just need to up your verbal to the 40s and you'll be within the very competitive range. Good luck mate