640 - 1st attempt - enough for Part-time MBA?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I just took the GMAT this morning for the first time. Needless to say I was nervous during the test, which I think ultimately affected my score. I feel so-so about my score. I know I could have done better, but realistically I wasnt expecting anything above 700 given my practice test scores (highest practice test score was 680).

I plan on applying to Booth, Kellogg, and DePaul Part-time MBA programs. My score falls within the ranges of Booth and Depaul. Kellogg's range starts at 650.

I'm wondering if this score is "good enough" to continue with my applications. I'm not looking forward to studying anymore for the GMAT, but will consider doing so if my score just doesnt cut it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

by prnaidu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:28 am
I heard that if your scores are comparitively low it is better to apply week day evening part time mba program instead of weekend part time mba program. It depends again if you are local to chicago.

Good Luck

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Margaret » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 am
I heard that DePaul requires 570, so you are good to go, good luck! I will be applying to DePaul too, but first I need to say "Hello" to GMAT!

by tgonzale » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:05 pm
Thanks for the replies. I plan on applying still and crossing my fingers that the other components of my application make up for the score.

Good luck with the GMAT Margaret!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gsbjake » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:34 pm
yeah man, I agree with the people above. I wouldn't go through all the studying to take it over again. You're right there for all three of those programs. It's time to beef up the remainder of your resume.

by michael2576 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm
tgonzale, did you end up applying? If so, can you post an update?