620! planning to give the exam again wat do you think???

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
hey hi guys,
I got a 620 in GMAT.
I have a work exp of 4 yrs with team leading exp of year. I have good acads and done some social work as well.
I think that I wont be able to get into ivy league colleges with this score.
SO I am planning to give the GMAT again. . .
what do you think guys?
please help with suggestions/responses

thanks
Navjyot Ukarde
here to beat the GMAT

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 am
While a 620 is a good score, it is very average when compared to application pools to top schools as you imply. The key to getting in the top schools is standing out, and a good GMAT can certainly help. just as important, however is your application package and how unique you will compare to other applicants with similar backgrounds. Short answer: if you can better your score by 50-80 points, I would retake.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by navjyot1983 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 am
Thanks mate for the reply.
I do understand what you want to say. I completely agree with you when you say that incase i am confident to increase the score by 50-80 only then i should retake. What I am trying to do is take a chance and try to increase the score FOR SCHOLARSHIP. I feel that a better GMAT Score can fetch you a scholarship. . I am not confident on a 620 for a scholarship. I think that a something more that 700 can surely have better chances of a scholarship.

though i have started working on other parts of my application, I am thinking to give another shot and take a chance.
Navjyot Ukarde
here to beat the GMAT