• NEW! FREE Beat The GMAT Quizzes
    NEW! FREE Beat The GMAT Quizzes
    NEW! FREE Beat The GMAT Quizzes
    Hundreds of Questions Highly Detailed Reporting Expert Explanations TAKE A FREE GMAT QUIZ
  • 7 CATs FREE!
    If you earn 100 Forum Points

    Engage in the Beat The GMAT forums to earn
    100 points for $49 worth of Veritas practice GMATs FREE

    Veritas Prep
    VERITAS PRACTICE GMAT EXAMS
    Earn 10 Points Per Post
    Earn 10 Points Per Thanks
    Earn 10 Points Per Upvote
    REDEEM NOW

610->690->740-8 months of rollercoaster ride ENDS!

This topic has 3 expert replies and 30 member replies
Goto page Previous Next
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Joined
15 Aug 2010
Posted:
320 messages
Followed by:
52 members
Upvotes:
116
GMAT Score:
760
Post
ak2014 wrote:
130 points of improvement. That's really great..I'm struggling with CR..Can you please suggest some resource ?
For CR, you can try either Powerscore CR Bible or Aristotle CR Grail. Both books are good-the only difference is that in CR Bible there are no practice questions, but in CR Grail there are 100 if i remember correctly.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
23 Jul 2013
Posted:
13 messages
Upvotes:
2
Post
Hello,
They say third time is the luckiest one. My congratulations.
My name is Tanya and I am the Project manager at GoGMAT company. We are preparing students for the GMAT.
We truly believe that you have tremendous experience in GMAT preparation. That is why we really want to invite you as a consultant in our project.
What do you think about that? Our skype is galibier2012.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
05 Oct 2012
Posted:
24 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
1
Post
I'm about to take the GMAT in another week and your post was very helpful. Thank you very much.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
14 May 2013
Posted:
18 messages
Upvotes:
1
Post
sayani wrote:
Firstly,congrats!!740 is really no mean feat. Your story's truly inspiring!
Secondly, was hoping to get a few pointers to on GMAT Maths. English is something that I have a natural flair for, and constant practice of RC, SC and CR is making things manageable. However, being from a humanities background, my math skills are less than average, and is a reason of great worry, since I'm targeting a 720+ score. Are there any specific areas in GMAT math which require more attention and practice than the rest? Please help:)
If I were you, I'd focus the most on Number systems. I think this is the most important area on GMAT Math

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
07 Nov 2013
Posted:
5 messages
Post
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
If I were you, I'd focus the most on Number systems. I think this is the most important area on GMAT Math
True. I love number systems..I think this is one area where there are not too many concepts and one can do well even without much preparation.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Posted:
42 messages
Followed by:
2 members
Upvotes:
3
Post
Great improvement and great story..Thanks for sharing with us. Really inspired me

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
07 Feb 2013
Posted:
23 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
1
Post
abhinavarya wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
If I were you, I'd focus the most on Number systems. I think this is the most important area on GMAT Math
True. I love number systems..I think this is one area where there are not too many concepts and one can do well even without much preparation.
True. Number system is the darling of GMAT primarily because a lot of it is not quant but common sense.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
13 Jul 2012
Posted:
35 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
28
GMAT Score:
760
Post
rishi raj wrote:
ak2014 wrote:
130 points of improvement. That's really great..I'm struggling with CR..Can you please suggest some resource ?
For CR, you can try either Powerscore CR Bible or Aristotle CR Grail. Both books are good-the only difference is that in CR Bible there are no practice questions, but in CR Grail there are 100 if i remember correctly.
I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
07 Feb 2013
Posted:
23 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
1
Post
unclesam2013 wrote:
I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.
Cool. Where do I practice more questions from ? I'm done practicing all the questions from CR Grail ?

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Joined
13 Jan 2014
Posted:
46 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
2
Post
Congratulations on your awesome score, targetivy!
Thanks for sharing your GMAT experience. Excellent advice!
Best wishes!

_________________
Alexander Steward
GMAT & GRE Instructor
GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, IELTS & TOEIC Center Barcelona
**Prepara el Gmat en Barcelona con los expertos**
https://www.gmatbarcelona.com

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
24 Mar 2012
Posted:
21 messages
Followed by:
3 members
Upvotes:
26
Post
Django wrote:
unclesam2013 wrote:
I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.
Cool. Where do I practice more questions from ? I'm done practicing all the questions from CR Grail ?
If you are done both with the OG and CR Grail, you would want to firstly revisit all the questions you got wrong , redo them , analyze them and then move on to other sources. It's a waste of time to be doing many practice sets without learning from them

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Posted:
42 messages
Followed by:
2 members
Upvotes:
3
Post
I'm in the last leg of my prep where I am taking practice tests every other day..Planning to take the exam in another 2 weeks and I hope I can pull it off. Have been able to improve the score like the way you suggested.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
10 May 2015
Posted:
5 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post
gauravdangi wrote:
Cool. Where do I practice more questions from ? I'm done practicing all the questions from CR Grail ?
If you are done both with the OG and CR Grail, you would want to firstly revisit all the questions you got wrong , redo them , analyze them and then move on to other sources. It's a waste of time to be doing many practice sets without learning from them[/quote]Very well said. I am doing the same thing that you mentioned and it has really helped me in my prep.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Posted:
42 messages
Followed by:
2 members
Upvotes:
3
Post
gauravdangi wrote:
Django wrote:
unclesam2013 wrote:
I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.
Cool. Where do I practice more questions from ? I'm done practicing all the questions from CR Grail ?
If you are done both with the OG and CR Grail, you would want to firstly revisit all the questions you got wrong , redo them , analyze them and then move on to other sources. It's a waste of time to be doing many practice sets without learning from them
This is what exactly I had mentioned in my other post. I'd add a bit though. It's not only important to redo wrong questions but also analyze the questions that you got correct otherwise a lot of times we ourselves dont know how we got a question right.

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
15 Apr 2015
Posted:
18 messages
Post
ashok27 wrote:
This is what exactly I had mentioned in my other post. I'd add a bit though. It's not only important to redo wrong questions but also analyze the questions that you got correct otherwise a lot of times we ourselves dont know how we got a question right.
Absolutely true and something i have seen happening with me first hand. I don't know why i didn't realize it earlier but i should have. analysis is the key and not doing more questions as i had believed

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag
  • Magoosh
    Magoosh
    Study with Magoosh GMAT prep

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Magoosh
  • Veritas Prep
    Free Veritas GMAT Class
    Experience Lesson 1 Live Free

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Veritas Prep
  • PrepScholar GMAT
    5 Day FREE Trial
    Study Smarter, Not Harder

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    PrepScholar GMAT
  • Economist Test Prep
    Free Trial & Practice Exam
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Economist Test Prep
  • Varsity Tutors
    Award-winning private GMAT tutoring
    Register now and save up to $200

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Varsity Tutors
  • Target Test Prep
    5-Day Free Trial
    5-day free, full-access trial TTP Quant

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Target Test Prep
  • EMPOWERgmat Slider
    1 Hour Free
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    EMPOWERgmat Slider
  • Kaplan Test Prep
    Free Practice Test & Review
    How would you score if you took the GMAT

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Kaplan Test Prep
  • The Princeton Review
    FREE GMAT Exam
    Know how you'd score today for $0

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    The Princeton Review
  • e-gmat Exclusive Offer
    Get 300+ Practice Questions
    25 Video lessons and 6 Webinars for FREE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    e-gmat Exclusive Offer

Top First Responders*

1 Ian Stewart 44 first replies
2 Brent@GMATPrepNow 33 first replies
3 Scott@TargetTestPrep 32 first replies
4 Jay@ManhattanReview 24 first replies
5 GMATGuruNY 18 first replies
* Only counts replies to topics started in last 30 days
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members

Most Active Experts

1 image description Scott@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

149 posts
2 image description Max@Math Revolution

Math Revolution

93 posts
3 image description Ian Stewart

GMATiX Teacher

53 posts
4 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

50 posts
5 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

30 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts