610->690->740-8 months of rollercoaster ride ENDS!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:09 pm
ak2014 wrote:130 points of improvement. That's really great..I'm struggling with CR..Can you please suggest some resource ?
For CR, you can try either Powerscore CR Bible or Aristotle CR Grail. Both books are good-the only difference is that in CR Bible there are no practice questions, but in CR Grail there are 100 if i remember correctly.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by TanyaK » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:36 am
Hello,
They say third time is the luckiest one. My congratulations.
My name is Tanya and I am the Project manager at GoGMAT company. We are preparing students for the GMAT.
We truly believe that you have tremendous experience in GMAT preparation. That is why we really want to invite you as a consultant in our project.
What do you think about that? Our skype is galibier2012.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Followed by:1 members

by EricaR » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:10 pm
I'm about to take the GMAT in another week and your post was very helpful. Thank you very much.

by Srilankanaspirant » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:43 pm
sayani wrote:Firstly,congrats!!740 is really no mean feat. Your story's truly inspiring!
Secondly, was hoping to get a few pointers to on GMAT Maths. English is something that I have a natural flair for, and constant practice of RC, SC and CR is making things manageable. However, being from a humanities background, my math skills are less than average, and is a reason of great worry, since I'm targeting a 720+ score. Are there any specific areas in GMAT math which require more attention and practice than the rest? Please help:)
If I were you, I'd focus the most on Number systems. I think this is the most important area on GMAT Math

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by abhinavarya » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:32 am
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
If I were you, I'd focus the most on Number systems. I think this is the most important area on GMAT Math
True. I love number systems..I think this is one area where there are not too many concepts and one can do well even without much preparation.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ashok27 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 am
Great improvement and great story..Thanks for sharing with us. Really inspired me

by Django » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:10 pm
abhinavarya wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
True. I love number systems..I think this is one area where there are not too many concepts and one can do well even without much preparation.
True. Number system is the darling of GMAT primarily because a lot of it is not quant but common sense.

Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:760

by unclesam2013 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:18 am
rishi raj wrote:
ak2014 wrote:130 points of improvement. That's really great..I'm struggling with CR..Can you please suggest some resource ?
For CR, you can try either Powerscore CR Bible or Aristotle CR Grail. Both books are good-the only difference is that in CR Bible there are no practice questions, but in CR Grail there are 100 if i remember correctly.
I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.

by Django » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:23 am
unclesam2013 wrote: I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.
Cool. Where do I practice more questions from ? I'm done practicing all the questions from CR Grail ?

by gmat barcelona » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:38 am
Congratulations on your awesome score, targetivy!
Thanks for sharing your GMAT experience. Excellent advice!
Best wishes!
Alexander Steward
GMAT & GRE Instructor
GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, IELTS & TOEIC Center Barcelona
**Prepara el Gmat en Barcelona con los expertos**
https://www.gmatbarcelona.com

Followed by:3 members

by gauravdangi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:03 pm
Django wrote:
unclesam2013 wrote: I liked CR Grail more. Its more on the lines of the GMAT. CR bible is too lengthy and is also not updated.
Cool. Where do I practice more questions from ? I'm done practicing all the questions from CR Grail ?
If you are done both with the OG and CR Grail, you would want to firstly revisit all the questions you got wrong , redo them , analyze them and then move on to other sources. It's a waste of time to be doing many practice sets without learning from them

by ashok27 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:57 am
I'm in the last leg of my prep where I am taking practice tests every other day..Planning to take the exam in another 2 weeks and I hope I can pull it off. Have been able to improve the score like the way you suggested.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by gonegirl76 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 am
gauravdangi wrote:
If you are done both with the OG and CR Grail, you would want to firstly revisit all the questions you got wrong , redo them , analyze them and then move on to other sources. It's a waste of time to be doing many practice sets without learning from them[/quote]

Very well said. I am doing the same thing that you mentioned and it has really helped me in my prep.

by ashok27 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 pm
gauravdangi wrote:
Django wrote:
If you are done both with the OG and CR Grail, you would want to firstly revisit all the questions you got wrong , redo them , analyze them and then move on to other sources. It's a waste of time to be doing many practice sets without learning from them
This is what exactly I had mentioned in my other post. I'd add a bit though. It's not only important to redo wrong questions but also analyze the questions that you got correct otherwise a lot of times we ourselves dont know how we got a question right.

by sameer.pinto » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:38 am
ashok27 wrote: This is what exactly I had mentioned in my other post. I'd add a bit though. It's not only important to redo wrong questions but also analyze the questions that you got correct otherwise a lot of times we ourselves dont know how we got a question right.
Absolutely true and something i have seen happening with me first hand. I don't know why i didn't realize it earlier but i should have. analysis is the key and not doing more questions as i had believed