600 -> 580 -> 650 Good for me!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

600 -> 580 -> 650 Good for me!

by Part-timer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:34 pm
I started studying in June and after many practice tests (MGMAT and GMAT prep) I was consistently scoring 670-700. I sat in August and score a 600.... completely demoralizing. I vowed to retake knowing I could do much better. I crammed and re-studied all the material and took many more practice tests (Kaplan, MGMAT, and GMAT prep) and went in to the test sure I would score better. The questions were easy but I knew they were too easy. I thought I couldn't of done worse than 600 and then there it was...580. I knew with my work history and undergrad GPA that 600 would get me into most decent part-time programs, but I was disappointed in my score knowing I could do much better. I signed up to re-take one more time and studied only sentence correction and number properties and didn't get all stressed out. I went out the night before and had a couple drinks and tackled the test the next morning. I got a 650... I know I can get do better, but this is good for me!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:700

by Turnpike » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 am
congrats ;)

i don't know what schools ur targetting, but u seem quite confident abt ur undergrads and WE. so i assume that u'll probably get thru the ones u want to. good luck with ur apps.
"Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working."

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Part-timer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:33 pm
UCLA FEMBA and USC PM

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 pm
Part-timer, good job. I think 650 is a good score and i'm sure with a little work on the essays and the application you'll get into the school of your choice.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish