420!!!!!! What?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

420!!!!!! What?

by ericv101 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 am
I have just taken the GMAT for the first time and scored a miserable 420!!! I must admit I didn't make much of an attempt at studying and finished with a great deal of time remaining. My dilemma is this: I need to score in the 600-650 range and need to do it prior to October 1st!!!!

Obviously, I have grossly underestimated the power of the GMAT to inflict pain. I am confident that any studying whatsoever will go a long way to increasing my score but am currently demoralized as a result of this less than indicative performance. I need a plan and I need it now! :)

What materials and study plan would be most valuable under these circumstances?
Eric V

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by qudo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:52 am
Hi Eric,

I know exactly how you feel as I scored a miserable 460 on my first try. Since then I have been scoring about 620 on average and have about 3 weeks before I tackle the GMAT again with hopes of becoming a proud member of the 700+ club.

I devised the following plan and hopefully this will help you as well. If you're wondering why this post is under a different user name its because I can't remember what the darn PS is and thus had to create a new one :)

https://www.beatthegmat.com/bombed-the-g ... t8577.html

Another word of advice, the GMAT may seem to take over your life so it is good to keep a balance. I've kept up my workout routines and still find time to spend with friends, girls I met, etc... This will keep you sane.

All the best and good luck to you!

Q