420 First try on GMAT (V:25 Q:12)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:420

420 First try on GMAT (V:25 Q:12)

by ruchmufc » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 am
Hi guys

I gave the gmat in Oct 2011 and i failed miserably! Later my friend told me to check out this website and soon i realized that i had used all the wrong materials to prepare *facepalm*
I used:
Master the GMAT book
Tata McGraw hill

After visiting this website and looking at the resouces people used, i know that i screwed up badly but i counted this result as an experience :) Now 3 months(and a lot of football manager 12 gaming :P) on i am preparing to give it another go with the right materials.

I am using: All MGMAT Guides (quant+verbal), OG 12th edition, Verbal+quant review guides (by GMAC) for additional practice.

I have also subscribed to the Beat the GMAT site for my study plan. It sends me study plans for each day and i follow it :) I am hoping to give the GMAT again after 60 days with a min score of 600.

For practice tests: i have downloaded PowerPrep from the mba.com site and have 6 prac tests of MGMAT

Are these materials enough? can any1 recommend other prac tests to solver other than the ones that i have mentioned? I will be constantly updating u guys about my progress :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:420

by ruchmufc » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:34 am
btw i forgot to mention that on the essay section i did pretty good. i got 5.0 on 6.0 so there is some form of optimism there.