"2011 Premier w/ CD-ROM" vs. "2010-2011 Premi

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello!

I'm just getting started with studying, and have signed up for the beatthegmat.com 60-day Study Guide program. The book list they sent me included this book title:

"Kaplan's GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM" - and had this link attached to it: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... &x=17&y=29

My question is how it differs from this book:

"Kaplan GMAT 2011 Premier with CD-ROM (Kaplan Gmat Premier Live)" - which can be seen via this link:
https://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-GMAT-2011- ... _03_t_lht6

The latter seems current (perhaps even more so without the "2010" in the title), is much less costly and would be preferable for that reason. I noticed in the visible pages in the second link that the CD-ROM is only compatible with 32-bit Windows operating systems, so it wouldn't work on my laptop with Windows 7. Is that also the case with CD in the first link also? (That info wasn't in the visible portion of the Amazon listing.)

I will also ask this question to the administrator of the study program as well, in case there are specific differences that led them to recommend the version in the former link. Additionally, I would prefer input from folks on your end.

Thanks!
-Craig McCloud

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 pm
Hi Craig,

I have no idea why Amazon is charging more for our older book; you are correct that the 2011 edition is the current one. However, I'm sorry to say that I can't help you with the technical specs of the CD for the respective editions. However, I'm sure you'll get a quick response from our publishing department's customer care group at [email protected] . Hope this helps!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage