ZERO Work Experience

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 am
I would like to say that the two things almost all top 30 B schools look for is a fantastic GMAT score and even though they say atleast 3 years work experience , there will hardly be 1 or 2 students with just 3-3.11 years of work exp.

I also think these two requirements are hyped. Though B schools do say that we look at other criteria, but it will all get drained/refined ONLY IF u clear the first two

This is really bad for few students.who aspire to start young but there aint any buyers for this story.

:-(

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:25 am
@Jags... yeah city life is not for everyone. i think you'll find that a lot of people choose Baruch because of the price.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by dreamalittledream » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:32 pm
Hi

I am a post graduate (MSc) in natural resources management from India. I am presently working as a research associate at the Indian institute of science Bangalore (8 months). My present work focuses on sustainable technologies and I am interested in understanding green marketing and sustainable business concepts.

I understand that I do not have any corporate work experience but I am keen to pursue MBA program in sustainable management from US and want to give GMAT this year.

Do you think my research work experience would work against me when applying to B schools?

Thanks

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:34 am
I don't think so. It would be nice for you to have some other type of work experience, but research is a respected field as well. I see it's also linked to business, so I think you'll be fine.