Working during your MBA

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by asynarson921 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 am
I suggest you to do some work with your study. For this job you will get some support of financial and also get a experienced certificate that will show other good job when you will finish the MBA.

by evaann » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 am
If you learn online mba course,you can do it along with your work.Try to find out a good institution for doing online mba.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:17 pm
sorry to burst your bubble... if you're doing a full-time MBA at a top school in the united states.. you won't be able to work even part-time. I'll just keep i that blunt. A) your schedule will never be the same day to day... B) the extra $100 or so you make won't put a dent in anything C) you'd be missing out on the entire b-school experience D) i graduated from b-school and have had friends attend b-schools all over the world. NO ONE WORKS! So think of it as ... your situation is not unique.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:22 am
Really the only way will be to work on the weekends or get an grad assistant position your second year. Maybe a part time program is right for you...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by batrichie93 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:56 pm
Working side by side with your MBA is not a great option unless and until you do your MBA in India.
People who do MBA out of India they do have to compulsory do side by side work along with MBA.
I have myself done MBA from amity university , we had so many good projects and other experience which we had.
Its always to complete MBA and then start seeking experience so that you give your best in projects, and get all the qualities while performing presentation, role in projects which will help you in future.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rohitnacs » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:41 pm
Hello friend,

You asked such a nice question.
As you know that nothing is impossible in today's life. If you are keen for MBA degree/diploma course but without skipping your current job then it is exactly possible. The scope of distance eduction is growing higher due to the same reason you asked.
Peoples have lacks of time from their jobs so how they can join regular classes but MBA is also must for bright future, so instead of this distance MBA provides flexibility of this that one can pursue MBA in low time and fee.

by designaweb1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 pm
Great Lakes (located in Chennai, India) offers Executive MBA for working professionals. Their faculty is considered world class by many means (with their own qualifications from some of the world's best universities and colleges).

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sultana199 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 pm
Full time working during the MBA is so hard as you will not be able to manage your time for study and as a result, the outcomes will be bad. If it is necessary, then think about part time working.

by zeeshan99 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:39 am
What i would suggest you is while continuing your MBA don't hurry up for a getting a job,But Yes you should try after the 3rd semester because that would be right and appropriate time where you can start working or find good placements.