1000 CR test 12 #8

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

1000 CR test 12 #8

by magical cook » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:02 am
Hi,

The answer is E) which I think supports Plan 1. what I dont understand is how people can recognize which trash is whose if trash is not separated individually????

I thought the answer is C) though... :(

Residents of an apartment complex are considering two possible plans for collecting recyclable trash.
Plan 1 - Residents will deposit recyclable trash in municipal dumpsters located in the parking lot. The trash will be collected on the first and the fifteenth days of each month.
Plan 2 - Residents will be given individual containers for recyclable trash. The containers will be placed at the curb twice a week for trash collection.
Which of the following points raised at a meeting of the residents, if valid, would most favor one of the recycling plans over the other?
(A) Residents will be required to exercise care in separating recyclable trash from nonrecyclable trash.
(B) For trash recycling to be successful, residents must separate recyclable bottles and cans from recyclable paper products.
(C) Penalties will be levied against residents who fail to sort their trash correctly.
(D) Individual recycling containers will need to be made of a strong and durable material.
(E) Recyclable trash that is allowed to accumulate for two weeks will attract rodents.

by rajesh_ctm » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:06 pm
what I dont understand is how people can recognize which trash is whose if trash is not separated individually????
Why do you want to understand that? That does not make one plan favorable over other. Find one option which gives one plan an edge over the other. Here, E does exactly that. It clearly makes Plan 1 unfavorable.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by nauman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:51 am
Plan 2 is favourible as it clearly mentioned in Answer E that why plan 1 is not effective as compared to plan2.

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by Cybermusings » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:39 am
A; the care will have to be exercised in case of both plans. Hence it does not support one over the other. thus we can eliminate this choice
B; Again this challenge will face residents in both the cases. Hence eliminate
C; Residents might suffer these penalties in both cases
D; Mentions inconsequential factors. Hence eliminate
E;This would make Plan 1 weak vis-a-vis plan 2. Hence correct answer

by john83.amar » Tue May 03, 2016 2:42 am
I'd say E but i'm afraid more because of my intuition than any logic.