1000 CR TEST1 no.11

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

1000 CR TEST1 no.11

by magical cook » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:48 pm
Hi,

The answer is D but I can't tell differences between the answer D) and E)... Can anyone explain why D is a better answer??

A private bus company gained greater profits and provided bus service to the area at lower fares by running buses more frequently and stimulating greater ridership. Hoping to continue these financial trends, the company plans to replace all older buses with new, larger buses, including some double-decker buses,.

The plan of the bus company as described above assumes all of the following EXCEPT

(A) the demand for bus service in the company’s area of service will increase in the future
(B) increased efficiency and revenues will compensate for any new expenses the company incurs
(C) the new buses will be sufficiently reliable to ensure the company a net financial gain once they are in place
(D) driving the new buses will be no more difficult than driving the buses they are to replace
(E) the larger, double-decker buses will not face obstacles such as height and weight restrictions in the bus company’s area of service

by rajesh_ctm » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:28 pm
This is a tough one. Now that we know the answer, we can find an explanation though! :-)

The company is hoping to continue the financial trend of increased profit.

All, apart from D have direct financial impact to the profitability. D does not directly impact the financials. It might be difficult to drive, but drivers could learn it with some practice.

E - If the company buys the double decker buses with the assumption that they are allowed but later finds out that they are not allowed, it suffers a big financial impact.

by magical cook » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 pm
Okay - in terms of financial impact, we can now say that D) is more irrelevant to the question than E is.

Thanks! :D

Legendary Member

by aj5105 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:08 pm
strange...

i chose E...

by banker1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 pm
aj5105 wrote:strange...

i chose E...
The company must have assumed there won't be issues running double-decker buses if they purchased them as part of the enhancements to the bus fleet.

Since the question asks about all assumptions EXCEPT, (E) is eliminated.

by peter.p.81 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:16 am
I'd say E but I'm afraid more because of my intuition than any logic.