BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

How do you handle difficult vocabularies in RC?

Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Expert replies
by hwiya320 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 pm
I've been taking Kaplan practice exams and I am excited to see the gain in scores, but not satisfied. After reviewing my strength and weakness, I realized that my scores for RC has been dropping like flies.

I keep getting stuck with difficult vocabularies and spend too much time trying to figure out the definition of the word. Since it's timed test, I find myself panicking and starting to lose focus on the whole theme of the passage. Although I do lack in some vocabularies, I'm referring to these scientific to non-everyday use words. When the passage starts to discuss EMP, MMP for certain brain function.. blah blah blah.. then I find myself keep going back to the same sentence and asking myself, "WHAT?"

How do you manage that? I've tried notes and it didn't help TOO much answering questions. Any suggestions? when you find yourself with some strange science topic, how do you manage to keep your focus on the passage with non-familiar vocabs?

as always, thanks for your inputs guys.
Join the discussion
Source: — Verbal Reasoning |

by aim-wsc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:53 pm
Unlike GRE, GMAT test doesn't require you to have high vocab.
The key to tackle RC is not in reading EACH word of the passage but reading a paragraph at once.

I find GMAT passages funny yeah I sometimes doubt whether they are in English. & I get depression attack when I realise that indeed it's in English but I couldn't understand what's the whole passage all about! :shock:

Yeah it happens all the time, but that's the trick. We have to ignore all those scientific & technical words. We should skip such words immediately assuming some term for it; it doesn't matter. GMAT certainly donot expect you to be familiar with words such as schizophrenia etc. These are technical words & only people from that field (& GRE students ? :lol: ) are expected to know their meaning.
Join the discussion