OG-11 for GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

OG-11 for GMAT

by mostovari » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:09 pm
Is it worth studying OG-11? It seems all the tests in the book are from the easy range of GMAT. Can someone let me know. Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:25 members
GMAT Score:730

Re: OG-11 for GMAT

by logitech » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm
mostovari wrote:Is it worth studying OG-11? It seems all the tests in the book are from the easy range of GMAT. Can someone let me know. Thanks.
Take a GMAT prep test first. If you can score 51, you really don't need to study OG 11 quant.

OR

Just solve the last 50 questions of both PS and DS sections under 100 minutes.

Solving the OG problems is ONE thing, solving them under time pressure is ANOTHER thing.

Have fun and if you are good at Math, help us here on the quant forum.
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

15 days before the actual test!

by mostovari » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:37 am
Hi Logitech - Thanks for your advice. I have only taken the GMAT prep test once before and my score was 430 :(....really bad. But to my credit it was my first time taking a GMAT test and I scored 44 for Quant....not too far from 51...ha? I just need a little more practice. Englsih is not my first languag, so my major problem is with Verbal. Anyways, I need some good advice to get ready for the actual test in 15 days. I am freaking out!!! My mistake was that I started practicing with OG-11 and found it really easy, now I feel I wasted my time for the past couple of weeks. Again I would appreciate any tips and tricks. Thanks!

Legendary Member
Followed by:25 members
GMAT Score:730

by logitech » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:49 am
Once again. I believe that if you are good at math, you can solve all the OG problems. But in 2 minutes ? That's the challenge. And No matter how good you are at math, DS can trick you. Make sure that you ace the NUMBER PROPERTIES, WORD PROBLEMS and RATES. This is the 80 % of your quant. Once the ROCKs are placed, move to the stones and master GEOMETRY and finally pour the sand and study combinators and probability.

Hint: This forum is amazing. Great people, Great Questions, Great Tips!

As for the Verbal goes, it is all about practice and learning the GMAC's paradigm and PRACTICE.

If you are taking your test in 15 days..You really can not gain NEW skills and MASTER them. Stick to the explanations of verbal questions. It is the best source of learning how GMAC designs right and wrong choices.

And RELAX!

In many tests we face in our lives, we are nto given a second chance.

But with GMAT, there is always an another time! Use this fact to calm yourself down.

Good luck!
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"