BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Divisibility Question - Need a better explanation

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by MoniqueK » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:21 pm
The question is #169 in the Quant Review book:

If n is a positive integer and n^2 is divisible by 72, then the largest positive integer that must divide n is...

(A) 6
(B) 12
(C) 24
(D) 36
(E) 48

The explanation provided in the book is not so clear to me. Can anyone help?

I find that I generally have trouble with such questions.

Here's another Data Sufficiency question that also pertains to divisibility (#110 in Quant Book)

Is the positive integer n a multiple of 24?

(1) n is a multiple of 4
(2) n is a multiple of 6.


When I review the concepts, I completely understand, yet I always have trouble with these sort of problems.

Thank you!
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

MoniqueK wrote:The question is #169 in the Quant Review book:

If n is a positive integer and n^2 is divisible by 72, then the largest positive integer that must divide n is...

(A) 6
(B) 12
(C) 24
(D) 36
(E) 48

The explanation provided in the book is not so clear to me. Can anyone help?

I find that I generally have trouble with such questions.

Here's another Data Sufficiency question that also pertains to divisibility (#110 in Quant Book)

Is the positive integer n a multiple of 24?

(1) n is a multiple of 4
(2) n is a multiple of 6.


When I review the concepts, I completely understand, yet I always have trouble with these sort of problems.

Thank you!

Problem 1

https://www.beatthegmat.com/og-quant-rev ... 11652.html


Problem 2
Join the discussion