BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Retaking GMAT: Prep in 30 days

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
Expert replies
by rupantor » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:28 pm
Hi,
I took GMAT in 2005 and got 640: Q-46, V-32.
To improve my score, I studied for about 2 months and took the test again today.
I got 570: Q-40, V-28. My score went down by 70 points!
I did terrible in timing. Had to guess about 7/8 questions in each section.

Here is how I have been doing in my prep tests.
I took only the GMATPrep-2 with AWA essays; all other I just did Quant and Verbal. This may be one of my mistakes. Moreover, I realize now that I might have taken too many practice exams right before the original test.

25-Oct-08: Kaplan Paper Test: 600, Q-42, V-33
10-Nov-08: PowerPrep-1 (Retake): 670, Q-46, V-36
10-Nov-08: PowerPrep-2 (Retake): 700, Q-49, V-35
11-Nov-08: MGMAT CAT-1: 660, Q-44, V-36
13-Nov-08: GMATPrep-1(Retake): 720, Q-48, V-41
14-Nov-08: GMATPrep-2: 650, Q-49, V-31

I prepared with OG-11, MGMAT Sentence Correction (2005), MGMAT Number Properties Guide and Kaplan Math Workbook.

To meet application deadline for business PhD programs, I registered to take GMAT again on December 19, 2008. I have 33 days to do something! I am a full time master’s student; I will have to deal with three course exams in early December.
Do you have any suggestions for me about how to prepare? Will buying and reading all MGMAT Guides help?
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask a Manhattan Prep representative |

by michael.dinerstein » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Hi rupantor,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not score as high as you would like on the exam. Just from your description of what happened on the test, I can fairly reliably say that what caused your score discrepancy was your timing. You absolutely need to get through each section - randomly guessing on 8 or 9 questions will absolutely trash your score. If you can just work on your sense of timing so that you do not repeat the same mistake when you take the test again, you'll be at a much better level, in the mid-600s range.

As for content, studying from our guides (which have recently been updated to the Third Edition) certainly can't help. Be sure to spend more time focusing on the area of the test you are relatively weaker in. To me, this seems like your verbal score since it's not consistent.

Finally, since you're in a bit of a time crunch, you might want to look into scheduling a private tutoring session with us. Even if it's just a 2 hour consultation, you can gain a more personally-tailored insight into studying for the exam.

I hope this helps as a starting point to study for the exam. You might also want to ask the people in the GMAT Strategy section of Beat the GMAT so that you can listen to different viewpoints.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628
Join the discussion