BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Conveying certainty in Admission Essays - quick question!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by jsl » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 am
In my admissions essays, I have been trying to find the balance between conveying certainty and coming over as too overconfident.

For example, which of the following would you advise me to use?
"Developing my career, I will broaden my network at London Business School"
or
"Developing my career, I hope to broaden my network at London Business School"
Which of the above is preferable and why?
Thanks!
JSL
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:10 am
Hello,

An interesting question! For that particular point, I suggest the first one, which shows certainty. However, overall in the essays, it’s nice to have a balance between the two, not because you don’t want to sound over-confident, but because sentence after sentence of “I will” starts to sound like a jackhammer. Sometimes you should modulate with “I hope to” or “I look forward to” etc. for matters of tone and conveying graciousness. That means you should select the most important points, and/or those points about which you truly are certain, for using the straightforward “I will.” In this case, it seems warranted; I don’t think there’s really a question of whether that would happen.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com
Join the discussion