BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Batch of cookies

Expert replies
by jessicamuniz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:11 pm
Hi everyone....
Here is Q.

A batch of cookies is distributed among three children. One child gets 1/6 of the cookies, another child gest 1/5 of the cookies, and the third child gets 1/3 of the cookies. If there are 18 cookies remaining, how many cookies were in the entire batch?
a. 48
b.54
c.60
d.72
e.108

it is easy but I would like to see different options.
Thanks
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by cramya » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:34 pm
Is the OA 60?

If its right I will post the soln.

Please post the OA's using spoiler function if possible

Eg: [spoiler]OA: whatever the oa is[/spoiler]
Join the discussion

by earth@work » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:45 pm
even i get 60
Join the discussion

Re. batch cookies

by jessicamuniz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:46 pm
Hi Cramya:
The thing is that I do not have the answer and I got the same answer as you by picking numbers.
I am looking for an answer that actually gives me an idea of how to solve it.
I got:
1/6x+1/5x+1/3x + 18.....but in this case I get a wrong answer, that is why I picked numbers....Why don't you post how did you solve it.
Thanks a lot.
Join the discussion

by jaybrium » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm
I got 60:

X= total amount of cookies
x/6 went to the first child
x/5 went to the second child
x/3 went to the third child
18 cookies remain

therefore

X - (X/6) - (X/5) - (X/3) = 18

X - (5X/30) - (6X/30) - (10X/30) = 18

X - (21X/30) = 18

X(1-[21/30]) = 18

X(9/30) = 18

X = 18 / (9/30)

X = 60
- Jay
Join the discussion

excelent explanation I agree with it

by Hope700 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:28 pm
60 is the answer
Join the discussion

by cramya » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:02 pm
I think Jay's solution work too


Let x be the total

(The way I did it was get 1/6,1/5,1/3 to a fraction with their LCM)

1/6x+1/5x+1/3x = 21x/30

The remaining part must be 9x/30

Given 9x/30=18
x=60

Hope thsi helps!
Join the discussion

by vishubn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:57 am
x/6+x/5+x/3+18=x

((15x+18x+30x)/90)+18=x
(63x/90)-x=18
x-(7x/10)=18
3x/10=18
3x=180
x=60 cookies

Vishu
Join the discussion

by logitech » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 am
earth@work wrote:even i get 60
what does this phrase mean ?

Even I got 60 :)
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"
Join the discussion