BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

OG problem 5.5.29 - quicker method?

Expert replies
by bekkilyn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:39 pm
OG problem 5.5.29

I'm able to do this problem and get the correct answer, but it seems that there is a lot of calculation and so I'm wondering if there is a trick to getting it done faster.

The method I used was to multiply and then add each pair of numbers under the square root, and separate all the square factors. Then I take the square root of those squares and multiply those remaining numbers together for the answer.

It works, but it seems like it takes a long time to get it done. Am I using the most efficient way of solving this problem?
Last edited by bekkilyn on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

bekkilyn wrote:I'm able to do this problem and get the correct answer, but it seems that there is a lot of calculation and so I'm wondering if there is a trick to getting it done faster.

The method I used was to multiply and then add each pair of numbers under the square root, and separate all the square factors. Then I take the square root of those squares and multiply those remaining numbers together for the answer.

It works, but it seems like it takes a long time to get it done. Am I using the most efficient way of solving this problem?
No clue to which problem you're referring!
Image

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course
Join the discussion

by bekkilyn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:38 pm
It didn't help that I had a typo in the subject line.

It's for OG problem 5.5.29
Join the discussion

by cramya » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:16 pm
Bekki,
Please take this as a request. Kindly post the problem as not everyone on this forum may have the og and even if they did the time to refer to the problem and then provide the solution.

I am sure that this is the problem you are referring to:

sqrt[(16*20)+(8*32)]

In this probelm if we simplify whats inside the square we get

sqrt[320+256]
sqrt[576]
= 24

Friendly tip: Its good thing to know the squares for GMAT for atleast numbers till 25.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Join the discussion

by bekkilyn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 pm
So far then, memorization would seem to be the quickest way for this one. :)

I would be happy to post the OG problems when asking for help on them, but I thought posting the actual OG problem text was illegal? Or does that only apply to the Manhattan GMAT forums and nowhere else?
Join the discussion

by Gmatss » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:26 pm
well recognize to get 6 unit digit on a perfect square it's either 6x6 or 4x4
so u can also try to plug in answers with 6 or 4 unit digit and get the answer
Join the discussion