BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If x is a positive integer greater than 2, the product of x consecutive positive integers must be divisible by which of

Expert replies
by BTGModeratorVI » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:48 am

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

If x is a positive integer greater than 2, the product of x consecutive positive integers must be divisible by which of the following?

I. x - 1
II. 2x
III. x!

A. I only
B. II only
C. II and III only
D. I and III only
E. I, II and III only

Answer: E
Source: Economist GMAT
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

BTGModeratorVI wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:48 am
If x is a positive integer greater than 2, the product of x consecutive positive integers must be divisible by which of the following?

I. x - 1
II. 2x
III. x!

A. I only
B. II only
C. II and III only
D. I and III only
E. I, II and III only

Answer: E
Source: Economist GMAT
----ASIDE------------------------
There's a nice rule says: The product of k consecutive integers is divisible by k, k-1, k-2,...,2, and 1
So, for example, the product of any 5 consecutive integers will be divisible by 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1
Likewise, the product of any 11 consecutive integers will be divisible by 11, 10, 9, . . . 3, 2 and 1
NOTE: the product may be divisible by other numbers as well, but these divisors are guaranteed.
----------------------------------

So, the product of x consecutive integers must be divisible by x, x-1, x-2, ....3, 2, and 1
So, we can immediately see that the product will be divisible by (x-1) and x! (since x! = (x)(x-1)(x-2).....(3)(2)(1)
So statements I and III are true

What about statement II?
We already know that the product of x consecutive integers must be divisible by x, x-1, x-2, ....3, 2, and 1
Since x > 2, then we know 2 and x are DIFFERENT numbers.
So, the product of x consecutive integers must be divisible x AND by 2.
This means the product must be divisible by 2x
So statement II is true

Answer: E

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

BTGModeratorVI wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:48 am
If x is a positive integer greater than 2, the product of x consecutive positive integers must be divisible by which of the following?

I. x - 1
II. 2x
III. x!

A. I only
B. II only
C. II and III only
D. I and III only
E. I, II and III only

Answer: E
Source: Economist GMAT
Solution:

We can adhere to the rule that states that the product of x consecutive positive integers is divisible by x!. Thus, III is true. Additionally since 2 and x are distinct factors of x!, we see that x! is divisible by 2x; thus, II is true. Finally, since x - 1 will always be a factor of x!, then x! is divisible by x - 1. So, I is also true.

Answer: E

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion