BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

Expert replies
by BTGmoderatorDC » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

I. n is divisible by 3
II. n is divisible by 9
III. n is divisible by 27

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III


OA E

Source: Veritas Prep
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

BTGmoderatorDC wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:35 pm
If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

I. n is divisible by 3
II. n is divisible by 9
III. n is divisible by 27

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III

OA E

Source: Veritas Prep
Say the only and the common digit is x; thus, n = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thus, n = x(1111111111111111111111111111)

n = x*sum of digits = 27x

We see that 27x is divisible by 3, 9 and 27; thus, the correct Option is E.

The correct answer: E

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review Test Prep

Locations: Manhattan Review Bangalore | Free GRE Practice Test | GRE Prep Hyderabad | Kukatpally GRE Coaching | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

BTGmoderatorDC wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:35 pm
If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

I. n is divisible by 3
II. n is divisible by 9
III. n is divisible by 27

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III


OA E

Source: Veritas Prep
We can let n = 111,111,111,111,111,111,111,111,111. If n is divisible by 3, 9, and 27, then kn (where k = 2, 3, …, 9) will be also divisible by 3, 9, and 27, respectively (notice that kn is any one of the other 27-digit numbers whose digits are the same).

We see that the sum of the digits of n is 27. Since 27 is a multiple of both 3 and 9, we see that n is divisible by both 3 and 9 (recall that the rules for divisibility of 3 and 9 is that the sum of the digits of the number has to be a multiple of 3 and 9, respectively).

However, in order for n to be divisible by 27, the quotient of n/3 has to be divisible by 9, or the quotient of n/9 has to be divisible by 3. Let’s verify the former.

Since 111/3 = 37, so n/3 = 37,037,037,037,037,037,037,037,037. We see that there are 9 groups of 37 (or 037), so the sum of the digits of n/3 is (3 + 7) x 9 = 90. Since 90 is a multiple of 9, n/3 is divisible by 27. In other words, n is divisible by 27.

Answer: E

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion